2d video problems - opinions please
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 2d video problems - opinions please

Hybrid View

2d video problems - opinions please

i've had a problem with my diamond stealth II s220. when i go to a full screen dos program, and switch back to windows, the screen is compressed to about half the ususal height, and moves over to the right. it started doing this only occasionally, and gradually got worse until it did it every time. this happened over a few days, and rebooting didn't fix it.

i eventually switched to a standard vga driver, and never had a problem. i then reinstalled the diamond drivers, and this seems to have fixed it.

anyone have any idea how what this could be? how could reinstalling the drivers fix this??

Buddy, I have no answer for you, only a thought. I own a Hercules Thriller 3d, and as long as I have owned it, I have always had some concern or another over my precious Rendition powered gem. The drivers are only just now starting to run stable, but they still hold some surprises. Four months ago, I finally gave in and upgraded to the hercules .85 drivers, only to find my icons cut in half, with one half missing. I went back to the .77 drivers, but just 3 weeks ago, I decided to try again, and this time the icons are just perfect, even though the drivers screwed them up before. weird, eh? Guess you understand why Diamond has already publicly acknowledged that they will never sell another Rendition product
    This signature space FOR SALE

wow, i didn't know about diamond's position on using rendition. is there more info about this? it could explain a lot of other problems i've been having with hung applications trying to use glide for my monster 3d. only works sometimes.

it really makes me steamed when i shell out a lot of cash to become an unofficial beta tester. it happens all the time with (*&# pc's. if it don't work, then don't *#$@ send it to market!!

i'm going to switch to a spare s3 to see if my system stabalizes a bit better. thanks for the info.

Thread Information