Take the road rage test - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Take the road rage test

Safety: 57.5 %
    Aggressiveness: 62.5 %
    Courtesy: 80 %
    Rage: 50 %

I'm usually about the 95th percentile for speed and have a degree of agressiveness, but I'm always very courteous to other drivers.
    Pentium IV 2.4C Northwood- M0 stepping @ 3.2GHz HT
    Air Cooled w/ SP-94 heatpipe & 92mm Vantex Tornado at 45C
    4x256=1gb dual-channel 2-3-3-6 OCZ PC800DRAM @ 890MHz 3-4-4-8
    MSI Neo2-PLS w/I865PE & SATA @ 4x267=1068MHz
    BFG GeForceFX 5900@485/967MHz = 6284 3DMark2003s; dual-head 21" CRT & 19" LCD

SniGG is offline zzzZZzzz... Sleepy....ZZz
    WOOT check thease scores out baby
    Your Safety Score: 40 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 69.19%

Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 77.5 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 57.02%
    Your Courtesy Score: 45 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 73.75%
    Your Degree of Rage: 77.5 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 55.55%%
    Think in terms of Ideas.

Email on Road Rage

This guy has a rather interesting argument against road rage. He writes:

I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut right in front of a pickup truck, causing the driver to have to drive on to the shoulder to avoid hitting her. This evidently angered the driver enough that he hung his arm out his window and gave the woman the finger....

"Man, that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in traffic, and here's why:

I drive 48 miles each way every day to work. That's 96 miles each day.

Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway. There are 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles. That works out to be 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars.

Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper-to-bumper, I figure I pass at least another 4000 cars. That brings the number to something like 36,000 cars that I pass every day.

Statistically, females drive half of these. That's 18,000 women drivers!

In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS. That's 642.

According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as dissatisfying or unrewarding. That's 449.

According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females have seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98.

And 34% describe men as their biggest problem. That's 33.

According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry weapons and this number is increasing.

That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed.

Give her the finger? I don't think so...

[Edited to read easily]
    Last edited by Leoslocks; August 12th, 2005 at 08:44 PM.

At first, I didn't know where that post was going, but I was rolling on the ground by the time I got to the end!
    Aspire Turbo case w/6 case fans
    Abit AN7 rev C1 nForce2 Ultra 400
    AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2.205GHz
    Thermalright SLK900A w/92mm Tornado
    Abit Radeon 9600XT All In Wonder 594/796
    Geil Dual Channel 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 6-3-2-2.5
    Sound Blaster® X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty
    2-Maxtor Ultra Series Kit 120GB SATA L01M120 Raid0 (OS & Programs)
    Western Digital Special Edition 120GB WD1200JB 8MB (Data)
    Lite-On CD-Rom 48x
    NEC 4X DVD +RW/-RW Drive
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Safety:

You are a Safe Driver
    Your Safety Score: 75 %

Aggressiveness:

You are a Marginally Aggressive Driver
    Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 52.5 %

Courtesy:

You are a Courteous Driver
    Your Courtesy Score: 67.5 %

Rage:

You are a Potential Road Rager
    Your Degree of Rage: 62.5 %

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing out of state plates surrounding me in a 15 mile long traffic jam on a Friday at 5PM when I'm just trying to get home. Go back to your own state, bastiches; I want to get home!
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Quote Originally Posted by nelsoncp21
    shoot i drive a toyota pickup and cut through every gap i can.i spend between 3-4 hours a day on 95 and let me tell you if people weren't such idiots and knew how to drive on 95 then i wouldn't resort to the driving that i do.everyone always thinks they're way is the right way when it comes to driving.if everybody just excepted the fact that my way is the only right way then we would be fine
    I hope you're joking!

At the end of the day, the most important thing is to get to the destination safely and without causing trouble to other road users.

Losing one's temper while driving an 18 wheeler / artic(UK) can have serious consequences... I swear that some drivers will try to overtake me by going over or under my truck if possible.

If the going gets tough just remember the classic Eagles song:

Take it easy, take it easy...
    Don't let the sound of your heartbeat drive you crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I pretty much knew what the outcome was gonna be, but I took it anyway:
    Knowing where one's strength and weakness is good. There is always room for improvement.
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

From what I have seen (Everyday) Most people can't drive and shouldn't really be on the road at all.

They don't use their turn signals at all.......

They don't know how to merge.

They can't make a right turn without almost stopping first.

At red lights (if they don't run them) they just sit there forever before they get going when the light turns green.

Most will pass you on the road only to make a right turn when there is no traffic behind you at all. (This is pretty bad as I drive pretty fast, usually 5 - 10 mph above the speed Limit).

They speed through parking lots at 40 or 50 mph..... (Extremely dangerous)

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Here are your personal scores/results in the four areas that we analyzed:

Safety:

You are a Safe Driver
    Your Safety Score: 75 %

Aggressiveness:

You are a Passive Driver
    Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 42.5 %

Courtesy:

Your Courtesy Score: 75 %

Rage:

Your Degree of Rage: 47.5 %

jankerson I aggree with you
    Intel Q6600 | Asus P5K SE | 4 GB DDR2 800 | 500GB Seagate SATA | 250GB Seagate SATA | 18x Pioneer SATA DVD-RW | 1 GB Geforce GTX 650 Ti | Logitech Keyboard & Mouse | 650 Watt Cooler Master PSU | Benq 22" LCD

Learn How to Join our Folding@Home Team - Detailed Folding@Home Stats

I hope you're joking!
    well i said it jokingly but really thats how i drive.

Losing one's temper while driving an 18 wheeler / artic(UK) can have serious consequences...
    actually i agree.
    I give truck drivers full courtesy on the road with few exceptions.those being when they drive in the left lane when signs resrtict it every 100'.When they act like they own the road(for instance traffic jam and i'm driving on the shoulder it ain't their business don't try and act like you have the right to correct me.I watched another pickup truck throw a full big gulp across the highway at a 18 wheeler for doing that and i laughed histericly he deserved it.)Yes i use the shoulders sometimes so what mind your own business and if you try to stop me i have four wheel drive i'll go around you on the grass i've done it before.

I know i'm the driver everybody hates on the road but honestly i don't resort to stuff like that unless triggered by somebody doing something completely stupid.It's 180 miles round trip for me 5 days a week.I have seen just bout everything on the highway.I've avoided more accidents from people not merging correctly or people scared of driving on the highway.Thats where i see most accidents and backups not from aggressive drivers.

if your the idiot in the left lane and someone is right behind you and no one is in front of you, you are suppose to get over,you are causing that backup for the past 5 miles, you are causing people to drive agressively, you are causing road rage.YOU ARE THE PROBLEM JUST MOVE OVER AND LET THOSE 100 CARS YOUR PISSING OFF BEHIND YOU GO BY

Actually nelsoncp21's way of driving is about the worst thing you can do in congested and backed up traffic. I generally ride close to the person in front of me so people like him can't pull that sh*t.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...1035a0_fs.html
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

lmao,wrathchild i don't force my way i just go through openings.sorry man it ain't nothing personal.to clear what i've said i don't cut people off.i'm not that rude and i do use blinkers.i feel your pain though cause if you drive in dc people there think that if they start to change lanes your suppose to avoid them.On the contrary i'll be the first one to let you hit me.it won't be my fault they we're changing lanes not me!And your right my driving is the worst nobody should do it.how ya doing i'm nobody.

Safety:

You are a Safe Driver
    Your Safety Score: 67.5 %

Aggressiveness:

You are a Marginally Aggressive Driver
    Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 55 %

Courtesy:

Your Courtesy Score: 80 %

Rage:

Your Degree of Rage: 52.5 %

nelsoncp21, if you see some older people waging their head or laughing at you, it may very well be some of the people your Zipped around on the shoulder 2 miles back in the traffic jamb.
    I see young men (and women) driving like you describe and getting nowhere very fast. It has been stated that Youth is Noted for its Level of Awareness. Too bad that Youth is Wasted on the Young.

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson
    Most will pass you on the road only to make a right turn when there is no traffic behind you at all. (This is pretty bad as I drive pretty fast, usually 5 - 10 mph above the speed Limit).
    Yeah, this is a big issue for me compared to others. If only people realise that a laden semi weighing 95,000lbs or more takes a fair amount of distance to slow down...
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    Yeah, this is a big issue for me compared to others. If only people realise that a laden semi weighing 95,000lbs or more takes a fair amount of distance to slow down...

They will find out the hard way.

I remember once a Dumb Truck Driver told me some idiot pulled right in front of him just before a red light..(Right at the Light), he had a full load....

Oh well, he ran right over top of the idiot...nothing he could do to stop it.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

Ratt,

There is a good reason why I drive a Full size Pickup, an 05 Dodge Ram 1500.

I am bigger than most of what is out there on the road, and if some moron hits me they will total their car or SUV and might put a scratch on my bumper....at worst maybe a small dent on my truck.

Thread Information