mini sd cards
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: mini sd cards

mini sd cards

I'm about to order a mini sd card for my xda mini s mobile phone. I took a look at ebay and there are a lot of different brands of mini sd card that people are selling and I was wondering if anyone knew what the difference (if any) there is between all the different brands. If there isn't any significant difference I will go for the cheapest one

Thanks in advance.
    Opteron 165
    2GB OCZ RAM
    DFI SLI-D
    1x250Gb Samsung spinpoint (8MB cache
    1x120GB IBM/Hitachi 7200rpm (8MB cache)
    1x200GB Western Digital 7200 rpm
    1x300GB Maxtor 7200 rpm (16MB cache)
    7800GT
    P180
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Hi,
    me 2...
    just got mine today and will deffo need memory card...

Also while on topic, just any one have general hints tips bout these fones?
    First one ive had like this and to be honest my network havent been the most helpful source....

I went on instict, took a guess that this is the right pocket pc/fne for me..
    I travel lots with work..so ineed constant net access, emails, help with diractions, MSN (when im dossing), dnt think ill need download limit.....
    just the usual...I plan to use it as my new diary too...

Ive heard bout these Net cards you get with so much net time on? or unlimited email and net acces bolt ons from network??? whats best??

And can i use the net from XDA on my laptop??

Thanks all..

On the card brands, you get what you pay for up to a point. You don't need to buy the most expensive model on the shelf, but if you go for the cheapest you'll probably regret it at some point (either in speed or short life). Stick to the stuff that looks like a major brand.

You may be able to use the XDA for Internet access; O2's site should have a driver or instructions available if that's the case.

Phones and mobile Internet cards can use the same networks, so there's no advantage for one compared to the other overall. However, what's available in your area and through your telco may vary quite a bit compared to other areas, so in a particular situation there may well be a definite faster option.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

A good hint is not to install the O2 active stuff on it, basic is supposed to make it run quite a bit faster. Also, getting a program that automatically closes the program when you press the "x" button instead of just minimizing it is very handy (otherwise you have to keep going into task manager just to close any programs - very annoying).

Overall I find it's a very good phone, but can get a little sluggish at times, apparently you can overclock the processor quite a bit, but I haven't tried doing that yet! I've also had problems trying to connect to wifi spots (I tried on a virgin train and also in the middle of london), but I did manage to connect it to my wireless modem at home.

Thanks for advice tuttle, do you know of any websites that do a comparison of loads of different models (like toms hardware does with graphics cards)? I'm not too sure what a major brand for mini SD cards would be (I see a lot of sandisk, are they good?), for example, I saw a Kingston brand, I know they are good for making RAM but I have no idea if they are good at making mini SD cards. Also, are there big variations on speed with these cards? I thought they would all be one generic speed.
    Opteron 165
    2GB OCZ RAM
    DFI SLI-D
    1x250Gb Samsung spinpoint (8MB cache
    1x120GB IBM/Hitachi 7200rpm (8MB cache)
    1x200GB Western Digital 7200 rpm
    1x300GB Maxtor 7200 rpm (16MB cache)
    7800GT
    P180
    Windows XP Pro SP2

I'd look at digital photography sites -- those folks care more than anyone about how quickly their camera can dump a photo to storage and be ready for the next one. Don't have any good links though.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information