i had surgery this morning...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i had surgery this morning...

Hybrid View

i had surgery this morning...

hey all, i had my wisdom teeth(3 of em) cut out this morning. they gave me laughing gas, then an iv, and once i was out, my mom tells me they gave me 4 shots in the gums. i had to take 9 pills today, and my whole face hurts. i have to keep these gauze pads in the keep bleeding doen. man it ****s.

why did you have to get them out mate?
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Urgh. Mine are tearing through my gums right now. Hopefully I won't have to have them out but they are already pushing my bottom front teeth across each other so we'll see... :-\

How come only 3, incidentally?

I had 2 out without gas, ivs, pills or sexy nurses. It took 20 minutes in and out. I guess I was lucky.

The good bit is you get to run your tongue over the gaps and it's quite novel for the first few months. Then familiarity breed contempt and life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMF
    I had 2 out without gas, ivs, pills or sexy nurses. It took 20 minutes in and out. I guess I was lucky.
    Lucky or hard as nails?

im sure i got mine when i was 12? surely not?
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

12 is probably a bit young unless you were one of those freaky kids with a beard and an unusual air of confidence in the showers after rugby practise.

Quote Originally Posted by MuFu
    12 is probably a bit young unless you were one of those freaky kids with a beard and an unusual air of confidence in the showers after rugby practise.
    LOL no thats not me.

I got some teeth they grew through my gum up the back of my mouth when I was about 12 and I have absolutely no room at all up the back for more teeth

Mine are tearing through at the moment too, and really taking their time too! Both my parents had to have them out, so I guess I'll be back under the surgeon's knife too.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

lol mine werent poking out yet, but they were coming in where they would mess up my teeth and i just got braces off middle of last year. i only had three, weird, most ppl have 4. my left side of my face is swollen pretty bad lol. can only eat milkshakes.

wisdom tooth removal is easier if you are older. once the roots are fully mature, it is pretty easy to remove. otherwise, the root might snapped off when the tooth is removed and then some additional digging (minor gum surgery actually) is needed to remove the part that remain in the gum.

i have all 4 removed when i was about 40. a few shots of novacaine and out they come.

mine werent even showing though. it was surgery, gums cut open, teeth cut out. then stitches while i was still out.

mine are almost fully in, they hurt like a ***** about every 6 months when they move in more... theyve already pushed all of my bottom front teeth all mucked up- they used to be perfect after 5 years of braces... my dentist told me i couldnt see him again untl i got the wisdoms out, that was 3 years ago.... meh when you become a man you pretty much say *uck it to everything

The only reason i could see talking myself into getting them out now is the garunteed vicodin for the recovery mmm... vicodin

I had 2 removed when I was 25, 12 years ago and seing on TV what was happening in Yugoslavia helped me accept the pain. Yes, it was that bad. The gap was not correctly closed and I had to drive back to the hospital at 6 in the morning after a smeepless night. As the guy at the door wasn't convinced it was an urgency he had me to ring the docter on duty myself. 2 weeks later, the 2nd tooth broke during removal.
    Looking intelligent takes more than looking coool.

I had all mine removed when I was about 17 (before they started coming through), as they were all impacted. Had to have a general anaesthetic and stay in hospital overnight.

I don't know what they did to me while I was out, but my chest was yellow and purple with bruising for a week, and my face was the shape of a football. It hurt like hell for a week, and I'd wake up every morning with my pillow covered in blood.....nice!

They didn't tell me it would be that bad before the op but, as the doctor said, if he'd been honest then I probably wouldn't have had the op in the first place
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Thread Information