BF2 how is it?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: BF2 how is it?

SniGG is offline zzzZZzzz... Sleepy....ZZz

BF2 how is it?

does anyone here have BF2 cause i am seriously thinking about getting it are there any bad things to it or does it just flat out rule cause i am kinda sick of halo 2 on my xbox and i need more of a varity other than WOW on the PC

I think BF2 is great, although not without a few annoyances at the moment.

Although it hasn't affected me too much, there is a bug which my friends get where it quite often crashes back to desktop when loading some maps. If you buy it, also make sure you install the 1.2 patch, which fixes a problem with the server browser sometimes hanging.

It's also very easy to be killed when standing right next to a slow-moving vehicle - it only has to move towards you slightly and sometimes you just die instantly.

Overall though, I love it. The graphics and sound are a huge improvement over 1942/BFV, and the maps are quite diverse (although there are only 8 at the moment).

Being able to fly the Joint Strike Fighter on the larger multiplayer maps is pretty cool too.

IMO, the best new addition is the squad system though. You can join the same squad as your friends then, if you die, you can re-spawn with them wherever they are on the map, even if they're in a chopper or APC.

You really need at least a gig of ram to play it smoothly though. My total memory usage, with all the detail on max, is 1.3gb. With "only" a gig of ram in the machine, the HD was paging constantly and causing the game to stutter.

Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea of the graphics:

Last edited by dannyboy27; August 4th, 2005 at 06:11 AM.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Nice screenshots.

SniGG is offline zzzZZzzz... Sleepy....ZZz
    how many PPL can play on a single map?? is it more of a steath game with less ppl or is there more and a little more chaos? is it repitive will i get tired of playing it after a couple months? or does it change up pretty good?

Can be up to 64 on a map. I am still running with 512 mb of ram and it's running smoothly for me in 1024X768 with settings on medium. takes a minute or so to load a map however. The game flat out rocks though.
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

Thread Information