Serious Business Advice Needed
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Serious Business Advice Needed

Serious Business Advice Needed

I really don't know how I'm going to get a serious answer from you guys on the matter but I'm going to try as best I can to keep this a little bit on the serious side. Please let me know if you can help me with advise or if you know a service that can provide the type of aid I am seeking.

Here's the story: For the last 5 months, I've been working for a very large mobile content company that is based in the UK and currently distributes all its content to the UK and Ireland. Our division has decided to make this content available to more countries around the world. We primarily sell ringtones, wallpaper, etc. I'm reluctant to mention the companies name because that would go against the AUP of these boards that I'm administrating and I don't want to have to shut down my own thread. Anyway, I'm looking for ways to best advertise these current websites we have. They are all active and have been around for quite some time already and are heavily advertised in the UK lads mags, TV Guides and other media.

Now, I have to figure out a way to advertise cheaply and cost-efectively in mostly the US and Australia.

Anyone here familiar with this business and can give me advise on what's the best way to doing this.

Thanks for any input. I really appreciate it.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

What sort of budget would the advertising scheme command?

In the UK, the best method for selling this sort of product is using TV adverts - particularly on Music channels/during Music show breaks.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

As nick said TV ads are the way to go in the UK on the music channels but im not sure about in the USA it might be different...

Radio advertising is meant to be very affective over here too but you donít really hear any ring tone ads on radio. Once again it might be different in the USA

What about local newspapers?
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Well, for the US anyway, I would suggest getting in contact with the Metro, a free newspaper distributed near bus stops and subway stations. It is very popular with comuters and they are supplied primarily by Ad space. I am not sure about costs and such, but I know it is one of the top distributed papers, at least here in Boston...
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

hehe we get the Metro free on busses over here too
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Yeah, I saw them when I was over in London last week... I knew they were international. I think they are one of the top distrubuted "newspapers" in the world...
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

I have no idea about cost where advertising is concerned, but that other notorious ringtone company () seems to focus mainly on TV ads, magazines (the free TV guide in the Sunday newspaper has a few different full-page ads for that sort of thing) and banner ads on websites. I've lost count of the number of sites I've gone to recently where one of the banner ads stars playing that Crazy Frog tune. That last method is annoying as hell, but apparently it works for them.
    Last edited by Tuttle; August 5th, 2005 at 10:31 PM.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information