Now I have a valid reason to tell my GF her radio stations are repetitve and annoying
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Now I have a valid reason to tell my GF her radio stations are repetitve and annoying

Now I have a valid reason to tell my GF her radio stations are repetitve and annoying

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-283284c.html

So that's why 99% of radio stations suck and perhaps why hip-hop is so popular against all good musical sense, taste and above all common sense.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

You might also rethink the judgment on ppl sporting ALU foil deflectors

Seriously, I am very much with you on this one, just add TV, most of the new books and movies to the mix. 100+ channels and its all exactly the same thing. Dumbing down the population so to speak.

And the beauty of it all is, its not conspiracy, it makes economic sense, which in turn admitedly is oxymoron.
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; July 27th, 2005 at 02:16 PM.

Interesting, but as the article said it has gone on for years.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson
    Interesting, but as the article said it has gone on for years.
    Yes but when was the last time pop music was actually good (to me it died in the early 90's)? Is there even such a thing as pop music anymore? Now it's these pop-punk bands that all sound the same and come a dime a dozen, then there's angry-rock (not far from metal) that seems to be fading away in favor of the new-New wave (bands like the Killers, Strokes, Franz Ferdinand). The station I listen to the most is independently owned and plays mostly alternative music. Pretty much all the other stations are owned by Clear Channel, a corporation which should be destroyed for its mindless and repetetive playlists and general lack of variety, and especially its monopoly on FM.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Quote Originally Posted by wrathchild_67
    Yes but when was the last time pop music was actually good (to me it died in the early 90's)? Is there even such a thing as pop music anymore? Now it's these pop-punk bands that all sound the same and come a dime a dozen, then there's angry-rock (not far from metal) that seems to be fading away in favor of the new-New wave (bands like the Killers, Strokes, Franz Ferdinand). The station I listen to the most is independently owned and plays mostly alternative music. Pretty much all the other stations are owned by Clear Channel, a corporation which should be destroyed for its mindless and repetetive playlists and general lack of variety, and especially its monopoly on FM.

I agree with you 100%.

I don't listen to the radio much as I used to because I don't have far to drive to work anymore.

I liked the Morning shows really like on 106.1 RDU here in Raleigh is pretty good.

And I listen to 101.1 on Sunday going to Church as they play Gospal.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Quote Originally Posted by wrathchild_67
    Yes but when was the last time pop music was actually good (to me it died in the early 90's)?
    Did YOU (and me) not stop being young in the 90s ? And stop buying records or listening to your friends records instead of comercial radio and MTV ?
    I also think Jamiroquai was the last good band. The only thing that works good now is easy listening songs like Cold Play and Keane. Rock is dead, rap is pimped and self called RnB diva's really get on my nerves with their "OooOooOooOooh" . I decided to react and change the radio station in my car every time I hear crap... it doesn't make it 3 songs in a row. Then you got advertising on the radio... oh my God. How stupid can that be ...
    Looking intelligent takes more than looking coool.

Payola's been going on since the 50's and the Ed Sullivan Show
    Clevo P150HM - Intel Core i7-2760QM Sandy Bridge - 16Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM - SanDisk Extreme 240Gb SSD - Radeon 6990M @ 740/1000

Ive stoped listing to the radio about 5+ years ago. Just go with mix cds now.
    Main
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 512 cache
    Asus K8V
    Samsung 1gig (2) 512 ddr400 timings 200mhz 2.5-3-3-5
    Zalman CNPS7000A-ALCU
    Radeon 9800PRO
    Audigy2
    Logitech z640
    Pioneer 107d
    Toshiba dvd 16x40
    BARRACUDA SATA 120GB,300GB
    ENERMAX 450w PSU
    Windows w2k Pro

ClearChannel is real music's worst enemy. That company should be destroyed with wmd's, along with all of the riaa clowns, because they are the ones showing clearchannel how to get away with all of this.

i am forced to listen to the local 'rock' station all day and they play a new song FOUR TIMES a day for 6 months at a time. Its clockwork, and it sickens me when people dont even realize it. They dont even play pantera. they are a pop rock station that thinks nickelback is cool.

Its so blatent to me how bands get radio time. it is absolutely no different than the commericals between the songs, they are given a slot and its fullfilled then onto the next. saddest part is, since clearchannel has the monopoly, no other radio station can come into town because they wont license it

Thread Information