Does Anyone Here Work For Jamster Or knows Someone That Works There?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Does Anyone Here Work For Jamster Or knows Someone That Works There?

Does Anyone Here Work For Jamster Or knows Someone That Works There?

I'm just curious. If so, please let me know. There are a couple of things I would like to know about the company.

Like how they sleep at night knowing that they ruin millions and millions of people's lives every day?

I would be sayin to the jamster people "I hate your (bleep) ads get the the (bleep bleep bleep bleepity) *camera turns off*" o.o.. The ads were horrid, while I was sitting there, enjoying my nice quiet day "RING DING DING BUM BADA BOOOOWWWWBOOONGGG!!!"
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

I wouldnt say anything to them because they couldnt answer any of my questions with an axe in the side of their face.
    Clevo P150HM - Intel Core i7-2760QM Sandy Bridge - 16Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM - SanDisk Extreme 240Gb SSD - Radeon 6990M @ 740/1000

Red face

Stupid question, Whats Jamster?
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ | ASUS M3N78 PRO AM2 | 2GB G.SKILL Extreme Series Memory | Geforce GT 430 1 gig | 120 gig Seagate 8 meg cache ST3120026A | Lite-on LDW-811S DVDRW | Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1612 | Antec True Power 480w | Win XP Pro SP3 | Cable Modem

Okay, this didn't go as I expected. Why do you guys hate them so much? I've never even seen an ad of theirs.

www.jamster.com.au

They only exist in countries where the mobile networks and charging are conducive to their business model, which is to incessantly advertise ringtones/logos/animations that you can get just by sending an SMS which signs you up for a monthly subscription of somewhere between $5 and $10 a month even if you never send them another message.

To get a feel for the ads, grab one of the samples from www.crazyfroghits.com (Axel F will do), and add some excited voiceover during/after it. Then play it every ad break for a couple of hours while you're watching TV. Then pretend that every 5th website you look at includes it as a banner ad that starts playing at a random point.

That should do for starters.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by MuFu
    Like how they sleep at night knowing that they ruin millions and millions of people's lives every day?

Don't hold back, now, Mufu. Just say what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox
    Okay, this didn't go as I expected. Why do you guys hate them so much? I've never even seen an ad of theirs.
    Toolbox, we hate them for two simple reasons

1. They created the most annoying advert in the history of mankind (crazy frog).

2. They then proceeded to take the idea of saturation advertising to a completely new level, by screening this advert during every single commercial break for about 2 months!

Recently they actually said that they don't need to advertise the frog any more in the UK, as the ad has reached 100% of its target audience. As far as I can tell, it probably reached them about 16 times over
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Thread Information