More incidents in London - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More incidents in London

How do we know he's innocent?
    A64 3200+ Venice | XP-120 | 1024MB GeIL Ultra PC4000 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi Radeon X800 XL 256MB | 2x 250GB Maxtor DM+10 (RAID-0) | LG Flatron L1710B | 1999 Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.5 V6

"Oh Lord, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference."
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessLeper
    How do we know he's innocent?
    Lol, we know that because everyone not proven guilty si innocent, that is unless part of EU is not a country of laws anymore in which case the rest of the EU needs to hold a referendum.
    Share on Google+

Yes, I understand that, thank you. But surely some element of suspicion would come into your mind if, say for example, you were an eyewitness and saw the guy "who appeared to have a bomb belt and wires coming out..."

Blown up out of proportion (excuse the pun; unintentional)? Maybe. But this was an eyewitness. He saw something you don't normally see someone wearing on a Friday morning. Well, I hope it's something you don't normally see someone wearing!

Anyway, my point was that to start acting suspiciously (i.e. running away from a group of armed police officers) in the middle of a security alert is a little silly, would you agree?
    A64 3200+ Venice | XP-120 | 1024MB GeIL Ultra PC4000 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi Radeon X800 XL 256MB | 2x 250GB Maxtor DM+10 (RAID-0) | LG Flatron L1710B | 1999 Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.5 V6

"Oh Lord, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference."
    Share on Google+

Not if you think man pursuing you are terrorist since they wear no uniforms

Anyway acting suspiciously in, for example, Israel means you are a Palestinian and acting suspicously in S Africa, not so long ago, meant you were black

Oh and man shot down by police are always running away, didnt you know that.
    As for eyewitness accounts they are as reliable as Sunday mass church gossip.
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; July 24th, 2005 at 04:46 AM.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by F_A_L_C_O_N
    and just to reitarete Ponches point:

hope you guys are now happy with the work of trigger happy police, after inocent boy is dead:

Man Killed in London Not Linked to Blasts
    Don't be ridiculous, no-one is happy about this tragic event. But the police are currently in a no-win situation, and are having to make split-second judgement calls in a climate of fear and paranoia. This guy was challenged and chose to run instead of following their orders to stop and lie down. Why? I guess we will never know now.

There would have been an equally big outcry If he had been a bomber and had killed dozens of people because of police indecision or hesitation.

I'm not advocating a shoot-to-kill policy, I'm simply saying that the police are doing their best to protect the public in very difficult times. It is clear that, unlike Madrid, 7th July was not a one-off attack by Al-Qaeda before they choose their next country to vent their rage on. A week later we had four more guys trying to do exactly the same thing who, fortunately, had dud explosives, otherwise another sixty people would have died.

The worst thing about all this is that such bombings are happening to the poor people of Iraq on a daily basis, and yet they barely make the news any more because it has become 'normal' over there.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy27
    Don't be ridiculous, no-one is happy about this tragic event. But the police are currently in a no-win situation, and are having to make split-second judgement calls in a climate of fear and paranoia. This guy was challenged and chose to run instead of following their orders to stop and lie down. Why? I guess we will never know now.

The worst thing about all this is that such bombings are happening to the poor people of Iraq on a daily basis, and yet they barely make the news any more because it has become 'normal' over there.
    Do you work for the goverment?

If you want to watch TV all day beliving what they tell you and then run your life accordingly thats your prerogative, just dont call others ridicolouls for keeping an open mind and refusing to belive what goverment propaganda is telling you.

Anyway I am not going any further with this one, think Ive said anything worth saying in last few posts anyway.
    Share on Google+

I found your suggestion that anyone would be happy at the shooting of this man extremely offensive. That was why I said don't be ridiculous, and I am perfectly entitled to do so, thank you.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.
    Share on Google+

I am going to close this thread as I believe it has run it's course and is going in the wrong direction.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats
    Share on Google+

Thread Information