CL GB Riva TNT is blurry in 2D, excellent in 3D. What can I do?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: CL GB Riva TNT is blurry in 2D, excellent in 3D. What can I do?

CL GB Riva TNT is blurry in 2D, excellent in 3D. What can I do?

I almost returned my new monitor today because of that damn Colorific software that came with the CL GB Riva TNT. It screwed up my color so bad I though I had a bad monitor and I even convinced my monitor's tech support that it was bad too. However, my display looks the same with my old monitor too. I kind of used that 3Deep program to help. Each time I select the "Default System Gamma" button it switches between bright and dark. Neither of them are insanely horrible but neither of them are right-on. Basically all text looks blurry. I'm getting a headache just typing this. I have to set it to the "bright" gamma setting to play 3D games or its like playing the levels in the dark no matter the in-game gamma setting. Still my big problem is in 2D with blurriness. Can anyone help? Has anyone experience this or something similar.

I have:
    ASUS P2B-L Motherboard
    PII 450MHz
    128Mb PC100 SDRAM ECC
    Viewsonic G810-2 21" monitor

Thanks!

tnt's generally have problems displaying at resolutions above 1024x768 i believe...not as sharp as the matrox g200 anyways..might wanna try and set the res to 1024 and live with it .the only things you can really do is get the newest drivers..hopefully you can set it to 85mhz+ refresh so you dont get headaches , i personally use .48 reference drivers from nvidia with my cl tnt. as for the brightness in games...i really advise you to get idgamma..it brightens up colors in your games..well fps type games anyways

tnt's generally have problems displaying at resolutions above 1024x768 i believe...not as sharp as the matrox g200 anyways..might wanna try and set the res to 1024 and live with it .the only things you can really do is get the newest drivers..hopefully you can set it to 85mhz+ refresh so you dont get headaches , i personally use .48 reference drivers from nvidia with my cl tnt. as for the brightness in games...i really advise you to get idgamma..it brightens up colors in your games..well fps type games anyways

I agree here. Bump up that refresh rate to 85. I used the colorific and the 3Deep. Took all of 30 minutes before I decided to get rid of them. With a new monitor, I doubt you'll run into a situation where you'll be saying "gee, I wish I had colorific on this".
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
    8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1600
    EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD
    Corsair HX 620W
    Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1

Colorific and 3Deep SUCK!!!!! Made my Viewsonic look like crap!! Get rid of them!!!!!

Thread Information