Pimp My Ride UK
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Pimp My Ride UK

Hybrid View

Pimp My Ride UK

I just watched pimp my ride UK and I think most the uk guys will agree it is crap compared to pimp my ride USA with xzibit.

Itís the DJ Westwood that does the UK show and he so tries to be xzibit but fails!

The mechanics at the garage are no where near as cool or funny as they are at West Coast Customs.

They take a sh*t slow Morris minor and put 17" wheels on it! They tried to get 18" on it but they didnít fit. They put massive fart cannon on the back that makes the car sound even worse.

the only good bit was the fact that they used Pioneer In Car A/V instead of Clarion like west coast customs used (I suppose its all down to sponsors)
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

well since most of British shows that get americanized s_uck, I guess its only fair its the same the other way around

american idol seems to be doing well.

but you actually like pimp my ride american? i cant stand it, that and everything else mtv has their hands on- mtv must die.

Ive seen some episodes and I kinda liked them, not that there is much to like since half of the length of the show is filled with comercials anyway.
    To make it more interesting, in my case (MTV CE), those comercials are usually either in hebrew or romanian

BTW with americanization of British shows I was alluding to sitcomes and not so much to shows like Idol and so on.
    Latter was localized and a hit even in my neck of the woods as far as I heard, not that I would ever watch something like that I am pretty sure my time would be better spent sitting in the dark room staring to the ceilling
    But then again this goes for most of what TV has to offer, even with all those 50+ channels and more
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; July 7th, 2005 at 04:52 PM.

Well the way I look at it a car should look standard apart from wheels and a couple of exterior mods. I donít believe in body kits, MASSIVE wheels and crazy paint jobs. im all about performance, interior and in car A/V (you'll notice my car looks standard from outside, performance is standard for now as I cant afford to insure speed and A/V is slowly getting there.

But I do still enjoy the US shows. Mainly because the guys involved are funny.

This new drivesoft computer interests me a lot.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

my cousin is into classic cars. with the help of a mechanic friend they put together a ford 'angrier', which was a standard ford anglia with two 1.5l engines strapped together, decent brakes, wheels, good exhaust. they've taken it racing a few times and its done quite nicely on track.

in town though, the sad gary-boys roll up to it at the lights on a friday night with thier saxo or xr3, see an old car with an older driver and then get thrashed by a fast motor and a bloke who races at weekends. superb!
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

lol doesnít matter how many times you see it, itís always great to see a Saxo getting WASTED. My big cousin has a saxo 1.1 and tryís to race any car thats at the lights

Then you get the rich boys that can afford to insure a Saxo VTR and think itís the fastest car ever on the UK roads. Ive got respect for the guys with a Saxo VTS (1.6 16V 120BHP) because they are actually fast but a 1.6 8V Phase1 90BHP or Phase2 100BHP isn't anything special.

Thread Information