Explosions in London, UK - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Explosions in London, UK

now said at least 37 killed and 700 injured.

some images of the bus blast..
    IMAGE 1
    IMAGE 2
    IMAGE 3
    IMAGE 4
    IMAGE 5

2 people have been confirmed dead from the bus, the driver survived.

EDIT: and i hope the people who done this see THESE pictures and realise how fcuked up they are to do this....
    Last edited by Martin_89; July 7th, 2005 at 02:17 PM.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

As many news agencies say: Lots of groups always come forwards and claim responsibility.

I'm just thinking what a downer for Tony Blair right after a small happy moment for securing 2012 olympics, major downer.
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

Quote Originally Posted by CenturionStrategy
    Jesus, I've just spoken to my Dad - he's in Holborn, London and heard the bus explode. Had he been late, it would have been the bus he would have taken.
    Thank god, i myself was on a train 15mins before passing though Kings Cross to Euston.. My dad.. little over 5 mins before.. i feel so lucky yet so sick.
    Last edited by Justintime; July 8th, 2005 at 03:41 AM.
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Still haven't heard from my friend in south Ealing. I know that's not near where the blasts were but I'm not sure where he works now or how he gets there.

its now confirmed that at least 50 people have died
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

I extend my condolences to our members in London, and my admiration for the way Londoners have handled the situation. Your resolve and lack of panic is an example to others.

its unbelieveable- what do they think theyre going to do? everytime they pull another little stunt like this it just pisses the world off even more. the more innocent people that die, the less 'backing' terrorists will have from neutral countries or ones not allies with us. If they were anybit serious about winning thier so-called war they should aim at our governments and military establishments, killing the innocent and helpless is a shameful and ***** way of doing things.

I do think though that they may have failed a bit in these latest london attacks. not saying that 50 dead isnt many, but over 4 different bombs in highly populated locations? i would have expected hunderds of people literally blown to bits.... the 700 that survied with wounds is just an amazing number, of course a lot of them will have permanent injuries

Short of eradicating all those of Middle Eastern persuasion currently residing in our countries, barring entrance to any thereafter, and completely decimating almost the entire Middle East nations, I don't see a workable remedy.
    Even then, the seed of Islam or similar catalyst will find it's way to those whose hearts are full of hate, providing direction and 'purpose' for them.
    Up until about 4 years ago, I didn't give terrorism much thought, nor did many here in the U.S., though we knew many European countries were having to deal with it. For me, where there was once callousness there is empathy.
    My thoughts and prayers are with those in London.

Correct, it can't be approached that way. The only chance we have is to uniformly make terrorism an unprofitable means of reaching any goal. Those who say we should acquiesce are irresponsible and myopic in their thinking. You never bargain honestly with someone holding a gun to your head. If you do, you place countless other heads at risk at the hand of every lunatic with an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by slingblade
    Short of eradicating all those of Middle Eastern persuasion currently residing in our countries, barring entrance to any thereafter, and completely decimating almost the entire Middle East nations, I don't see a workable remedy.
    Wouldn't have helped London much with the IRA, or Moscow with Chechnya or Canadians with the Sikh separatists.
    Terrorism isn't exclusive to those from the the Mideast.

Of course it isn't. But if you allow ANY group to profit from it, you guarantee more groups will use it.

Religiously based conflict is much harder to deal with than that which is politically based. The beginning of the end may have to come from revulsion and condemnation as to terror from within those of the religion itself. I don't think that has happened. I hope it will.

Religion is the cause of the vast majority of the worlds wars.

Every religious tome on the planet is about control. All created by man.

Don't get me wrong, blowing up random people isn't nice - but nice isn't very well defined in relation to religion. To fundamentalists there is no neutrality. You either are for the god, or your an enemy.

Religious fundamentalists are being true to their texts. You say "how can that be, Islam (for instance) doens't condone killing of innocent people" - well like all religion it is full of contridictions and ignorance of the time. The fundamentalists are struggling with such contridictions. The more moderate (the majority) practise a rather watered down interpretation of the same religious teachings. Who's right? It's the texts which give no leeway - hence why I said religion causes wars

Now there will be those of you who will jump on me and tell me I'm wrong but I am not - look at history, go as far back as you like. There are numerous wars in the name of God and religion. These all involved sticking steel through people. No tolerance, no neutral ground.

As for London, it was inevitable. It was good to see the effectiveness of the civil defence. London has always been designed for lockdown. Long before Americas slap in the face on 9/11.
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

its sad that all these tragedies have to happen over one groups lacking ability to accept someone different. when you look back to all of the crusades and other HOLY wars, they were all over different groups religious conflict. what is it going to take to get people to accept each other? face it people, everyone is different, noone is better then anyone else. we were born equal on this earth and we will die equal. hating someone else because they are different or have a different religion is really foolish. this exact frame of mind will be what brings the end of the earth. good luck to all in london and my condolences to the ones that died and the 700+ in the hospitals with serious injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMF
    Religion is the cause of the vast majority of the worlds wars.

Every religious tome on the planet is about control. All created by man.

Don't get me wrong, blowing up random people isn't nice - but nice isn't very well defined in relation to religion. To fundamentalists there is no neutrality. You either are for the god, or your an enemy.

Religious fundamentalists are being true to their texts. You say "how can that be, Islam (for instance) doens't condone killing of innocent people" - well like all religion it is full of contridictions and ignorance of the time. The fundamentalists are struggling with such contridictions. The more moderate (the majority) practise a rather watered down interpretation of the same religious teachings. Who's right? It's the texts which give no leeway - hence why I said religion causes wars

Now there will be those of you who will jump on me and tell me I'm wrong but I am not - look at history, go as far back as you like. There are numerous wars in the name of God and religion. These all involved sticking steel through people. No tolerance, no neutral ground.

As for London, it was inevitable. It was good to see the effectiveness of the civil defence. London has always been designed for lockdown. Long before Americas slap in the face on 9/11.

careful there, buddy- as right as i believe you are, discussing religon on these boards does not turn out peacefully....

Thread Information