Hardwarecentral looks..different
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hardwarecentral looks..different

Hardwarecentral looks..different

This place looks so much different now. It looks pretty neat though.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

yup and youve gotta love the quick reply box lol, i sure do!

Yeah so do I. I think folks on dialup will love it most though. No need to wait for an extra page to load.

true true, ive got cable, used to have dialup, so i know how they feel. lol i remember my hardwarecentral days on dialup...

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    I have only one complaint. I wish they would make these ads bigger------->

I have dual monitors and I would like at least one of them filled with ads all day all the time.

Looks like I am going to have go back to "proxomitron."

Nice.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

I don't see a single ad, not even the text-only ads that I got ocassionally with the old version of HWC. One thing that ****s about the new HWC is that Firefox can't store the login password for the site. I've noticed this with sites using the newer versions of vBulletin. I suppose the other option is to make sure that the HWC cookie is saved...
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

The best part about this version of vBulletin is the roll-over preview of a threads. You can just hover the mouse over the title of the thread and read the first few lines of it . Only work with threads started since the upgrade though.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

looks good, thanks for all your efforts, JPnyc
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Folks, please take all ad-blocking discussions somewhere other than the forum itself. Could be bad for us if certain parties saw it. Thanks.

Thanks, this version has lots of advantages, but the biggest one is, we'll do better with search engines. It's much more bot friendly, which means higher rankings, which = more traffic through here.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathchild_67
    I don't see a single ad, not even the text-only ads that I got ocassionally with the old version of HWC. One thing that ****s about the new HWC is that Firefox can't store the login password for the site. I've noticed this with sites using the newer versions of vBulletin. I suppose the other option is to make sure that the HWC cookie is saved...
    Mine works fine. Saved my password and enters it for me everytime I visit. Even the new version.

I really like this version of Vbulletin. I been using it over at another forum (a swiss army knife forum) and it is awesome.

Woohoo!
    Last edited by CenturionStrategy; July 1st, 2005 at 02:18 PM.

not the first major board upgrade HWC has been through, but likely the smoothest. even better than the y2k rollover. all i had to do here was remember my password

i'll ditto the avatar and user info on the side. text is easier to read in narrow columns as opposed to wide lines (newspapers figured this out long ago) so i dont think anything is lost by 'squishing' the tables side by side. i believe it also becomes easier to follow a conversation by not jumping over too many boxes between posts

edit: wow posting seems much faster as well

this can only be done if the wide ad is removed from the right hand side though.
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Thread Information