Batman Begins
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Batman Begins

Batman Begins

Anybody else been to see this recently? I thought it was awesome... refreshingly cheese-free with a (relatively!) convincing storyline and strong cast.

Best Batman film to date, easily - perhaps even the best comic franchise flick?

Not seen it yet, but Christian Bale is always key for a cheese-free film, and Katie Holmes is plain fit. So yeah - expecting good stuff from this one
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

I was thoroughly surprised by it. I wasn't expecting it to be better than the first one directed by Tim Burton, but it blows that version away! I'll probably see it again. Hopefully they stay true to the comic/animated series and bring back Ras Al Gul in the next one since he's technically immortal. If you liked Batman Begins, check out the animated Batman movie - 'Mask of the Phantasm.' There are quite a few flashbacks in the film to when Bruce was becoming Batman. Phantasm isn't in any way related to Batman Begins, but I thought I'd put in a plug for the BEST animated series EVER MADE, that is before they made it Batman & Robin - The Animated Series in the mid/late 90's.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

I'm looking forward to seeing this one, it looks fantastic.

Christian Bale was in the year above me at school, after he did Empire of the Sun he used to get a LOT of attention from the girls school round the corner while he waited at the bus stop. Lucky sod

Like you say though, Nick, he does choose his roles very carefully and you certainly can't accuse him of taking the fast-track route to success. He reminds me a little of Johnny Depp in terms of the unusual roles he tends to go for.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

wrathchild_67
    I second your opinion on the animated Batman. OUTSTANDING television. Better than most movies. Mask of the Phantasm was also a very good movie, animated or not.

Batman Begins is outstanding. Christian Bale is perfect. Watched it with my kids and was stunned to see so many of our favorite actors in supporting rolls.

Highly recommended.

Current Main Rig:
    AMD FX55 @ 2.9 GHz
    2 GB PC 3200 DDR RAM
    ABIT KN8 SLi motherboard
    ATI X1900XT O/C to XTX speeds

Retired Rig:
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 2387 MHz. (217*11)
    512MB DDR RAM @ 436 MHz. (PC 3700)
    Abit AN7 motherboard
    BFG GeForce 6800GT OC!

Originally posted by AMD Guy
    wrathchild_67
    I second your opinion on the animated Batman. OUTSTANDING television. Better than most movies. Mask of the Phantasm was also a very good movie, animated or not.

Batman Begins is outstanding. Christian Bale is perfect. Watched it with my kids and was stunned to see so many of our favorite actors in supporting rolls.

Highly recommended.
    Now that the DVDs of the first three seasons are out, everyone should at least rent them from your preferred rental source. In hindsight, I can't believe Fox marketed this animated series to kids (the show aired right after school) since it was the most adult cartoon I'd ever seen. If future Batman movies pull from the animated series, I can't see them steering wrong provided the director and cast & production team doesn't change.

Oh yea, definitely the best one so far.

Who do you think would win in a fight between Batman and Spiderman? I reckon Spiderman.

Originally posted by TaNG
    Who do you think would win in a fight between Batman and Spiderman? I reckon Spiderman.
    I am amazed it's taken 3 months for a question like this to come up. So old-school HWC off topic.

Spiderman, yep. He has super[edit - hu]man powers, whereas Batman is just an angry guy in a rubber suit.

Originally posted by MuFu
    Spiderman, yep. He has superman powers, whereas Batman is just an angry guy in a rubber suit.
    Spiderman isn't anywhere near as strong as Superman (this was even decided in 1976 with a Marvel/DC crossover with Spiderman fighting Superman). Batman has the edge with intelligence but he loses in speed and strength. But you never know how far Batman's smarts can get him. That's one aspect of the new Batman movie that wasn't portrayed- Batman's superior detective skills and intellect. In the Justice League Unlimited cartoons, he's practically the smartest guy out of the whole consortium of heroes. That may be a stretch, but not by much in terms of the comics.

Sorry, typo. Meant "superhuman" powers.

Batman is smart, but I reckon Spiderman has a cooler outfit.

What about Batman vs Bruce Lee? Think my money would be on the bat this time.

Originally posted by TaNG
    Batman is smart, but I reckon Spiderman has a cooler outfit.
    Nuh uh
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

That's it... I summon the power of the bum kick on you!

It was interesting but I think I could have waited for it to be released on DVD...
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information