car wax- an easier way?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: car wax- an easier way?

Hybrid View

car wax- an easier way?

does anyone know of any easy to use wax that dosent take all day to buff off? i spent a half hour on my hood alone. it looks sweet though.

?
    If the paint is not dying, it shouldn't have taken over half an hour.
    You weren't doing it in direct sunlight I hope?

Some brands with good reputations:

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

i feel the pain. i dont wax too often so when i do it take a couple coats and arm breaking buffing. Im probably going to invest in a buffer but i too want an easier way.

There a a few buffless waxes but i dont think any work near as well as a properly applied coat of wax.

I use Meguiars 3 step system and it works great.

Cleaner, Polish and Wax.

Then Wax Twice a year after that.

I can just wax only and did my whole Truck in like 30 mins.

I don't use a buffer, I do it by hand.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

yeah, easy for a guy who keeps up on it and does it twice a year

try basically not washing it at all for 2 years, then try to buff that wax off that nice n pourus surface

Originally posted by krupted
    yeah, easy for a guy who keeps up on it and does it twice a year

try basically not washing it at all for 2 years, then try to buff that wax off that nice n pourus surface

Well you are supposed to Wax twice a year.

I also run my Car and Truck through a good Lazor wash every 2 weeks also to keep it pretty clean. (That helps a lot)

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

I did my new truck the first time this week and had to Use Paint cleaner, polish then wax it becuse as you know when they sit on the lot they get pretty dirty over time. My truck was built late Nov 2004 so it had some grime on it for sure.

Now all I have to do is run it through a car wash then wax it again later this year. It's easy to keep up with it once you have a good coat of wax on it.

My 96 Sentra still looks like glass and it's almost 10 years old.

ive been doing some research and it looks like, for durabitlity they say to use a paint sealant. It applies similar to wax, but after you apply it you must let it sit overnight without dew getting on the paint.

I guess it doesnt give quite as deep of look as a good wax, but its very close- they say you cant even tell the difference. The big difference though is, it lasts 12 months! It sounds like the way to go, im gonna pick up a bottle today and i may get around to it tonite

well my dad showed me the problem. first off, i didnt have the hood completely dry and it hazed the entire hood! the second problem was i didnt switch rags and was using one soaked with wax which was just smearing it. please dont call me stupid, this was my first time. i do a good wash though...

Those would cause quite a bit of an issue.

Never wash and/or dry vehicle in direct sunlight.

To dry the exterior of a vehicle,
    You can use genuine/synthetic chamois available at any semi-decent auto shop.
    You can also save up and use, really old, beaten up, 100% cotton face/bath towels.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Originally posted by krupted
    ... for durabitlity they say to use a paint sealant...

Depends on your level of finickiness.

Some use sealant, then wax.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

to dry the paint, i have a 97 cent squeege that works for windows and body. it leaves no streaks, no scratches, just leaves a nice shine. man i do love the 97 cent sale at walmart! got a wash brush, bucket, 40 ounces of wash, interior detal brush, tire brush, and squeege all for 97 cents a piece lol.

Gotta love those Walmart sales.

yup, i see those and its like a second christmas! roll back, rollllll baaaaccccck

yeah and have thousands of poverty sticken people work even longer hours to make up that sale I just watched a documentary about walmart's suppliers, it was pretty horrible the sort of work those people do, but then again you cant call it slave labor if theyre not forced to be doin it.

Thread Information