Its another cold day in hell.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Its another cold day in hell.

Its another cold day in hell.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ael_jackson_45

i cant believe this- only in america will we let sex crimes run wild

I couldn't agree with you more. What a disgrace this judicial system has become.
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

i was talking to the class about it tonite and many had the idea that he didnt do anything becuase it wasnt proven in court. This guy is a child-sexual predator and he needs to be put away period. I cant believe this system and i cant believe these people that just follow whatever happens

Well the jurors must have had something very compelling to make all of them agree on the same verdict. You might not realize just how hard something like that is to decide among so many people unanimously.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

i guess i dont, but i still think theyre all idiots. this guy has paid millions to shut other kids up, no reason to pay people off when youre innocent. people in america just give celebrities higher status, like the dumb accept theyre even dumber than they really are.

Plus, i would suppose the prosecution was, once again, weak. I followed some of the hearings and i couldnt believe the lame examination one of the boys got on the stand- they didnt go into hardly any detail. i didnt even believe the kid, and they were saying they didnt want to upset the kid so they stuck to easy questions- what sort of bs is that?

Here's an interesting article on Forbes which reiterates my point above.

http://www.forbes.com/home/business/...14topnews.html

In Santa Barbara County, where Jackson was prosecuted, the district attorney wins even more consistently, about 87% of the time. In 2002, there were just three acquittals out of 2,407 felony cases.
    According to the statistics in the article above, such a verdict is improbable especially for Santa Barbara County.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

yeah, that something is that he is a celebrity and has a lot of money. If he was some guy on the street he would be in prison no question.

The thing that really pisses me off is that he wasnt found Not Guilty, they simply told him "dont worry, all of this is just gonna be swept under a rug, you can forget about it."

They didnt say he didnt do it- everyone knows hes a pedophile. they just aquitted him, gave him a free pass.

If you ask me, hard evidence wasnt needed in this case. There has been a history here, he has paid off millions to shut people up. It wasnt a one-time ordeal, he did this for years and hid behind his mutated nose. He is a cowardly baby that is mentally ill, better said insane- he is a threat to society and he should have been put away.

Here's how I look at it...

No matter which verdict would've been called, it wouldn't have affected my life or anyone I know for that matter. I realise a precedent must be made at one point to help put away others in the future. Even more a reason to acquit, as without a not guilty verdict, because some John Doe down the road can't fight his case using the Jackson case as an example for him to fight his own fight. One of the other things that define America, all caught up in any and everyone else's business. Look at the Clinton case. Over $65 million was used to delve into his personal sex life. But only $600,000 used to investigate 9/11? There's times I'm not proud to be an American.
    Aspire Turbo case w/6 case fans
    Abit AN7 rev C1 nForce2 Ultra 400
    AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2.205GHz
    Thermalright SLK900A w/92mm Tornado
    Abit Radeon 9600XT All In Wonder 594/796
    Geil Dual Channel 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 6-3-2-2.5
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty
    2-Maxtor Ultra Series Kit 120GB SATA L01M120 Raid0 (OS & Programs)
    Western Digital Special Edition 120GB WD1200JB 8MB (Data)
    Lite-On CD-Rom 48x
    NEC 4X DVD +RW/-RW Drive
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Originally posted by wrathchild_67
    Well the jurors must have had something very compelling to make all of them agree on the same verdict.
    yeah, his album sitting at home?

i think its terrible that hes got away with that, as krupted said, why pay millions when your innocent?
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

he was as innocent as oj.

Thread Information