Tech Schooling...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Tech Schooling...

Tech Schooling...

Uhmm I think from what I saw already in a thread from ThePerson98 was similar to what I am wanting to ask but nix the idea of me looking to make 100k a year. I am a high maintenance kinda gal..but still live in the real world. lol

I am wanting to go to school in the spring and am looking towards something in the way of building and maintaning computers...not sure what to start off with as far as classes go. I have a catalog from the local community college laid out before me and was searching through it trying to line out what I might be interested in so that when I go visit with the advisor I might be able to lay out a starting plan.

They have a class in PC Maintenance that I am think of beginning with it covers:
    Computer Mainenance, Operating Systems, Windows Professional, and Basic Electronics for Technicians.

Does this seem like a good start? As I said, I am not looking to start off getting into anything that is going to make a lot of money, although that would not be a terrible idea...lol but I am wanting to get into this because I enjoy it and the job I have now really is starting to stink (ahh who am I kidding..it has stunk for a long time) in a big way.

Any and all advice and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Before you start handing out money to anyone else,
    May want to read a study guide to see if it is to your liking.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thank you very much, looks as though it would be a big help.

Actually I have not handed money out to anyone yet. That is why I am asking opinions here about where I should start, so that I do not make the mistake of moving in the wrong direction and wasting time or money.

Thread Information