Hasnt been mentioned yet? National ID Cards for the US
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasnt been mentioned yet? National ID Cards for the US

Hasnt been mentioned yet? National ID Cards for the US

http://www.epic.org/privacy/id_cards/

ive been hearing about this for awhile now but anymore its looking like its going to happen for sure.

this is worse than alcohol prohibition in the early years. How do they think having an ID will secure america?

probably the same way the picture id's worn by the columbine kids protected them from the bullets

All these id's are for is consolidating everyone's accounts, medical records, complete historys on one file. Anyone ever see Minority Report?

Geeze here we go slipping closer and closer to where we don't want to be.

Can anyone see the pattern here...... (K.G.B)....

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone

Re: Hasnt been mentioned yet? National ID Cards for the US

Originally posted by krupted
    http://www.epic.org/privacy/id_cards/

ive been hearing about this for awhile now but anymore its looking like its going to happen for sure.

this is worse than alcohol prohibition in the early years. How do they think having an ID will secure america?

probably the same way the picture id's worn by the columbine kids protected them from the bullets

All these id's are for is consolidating everyone's accounts, medical records, complete historys on one file. Anyone ever see Minority Report?
    Ever heard of the mark of the beast?

or 6 three score and 6.

yup- its not good. Its really the stupid american public continuing to listen to the full of sh*t government.

I cant beleive everyone in america is not completely outraged over this

It takes Manchaster United take over by some rich wannabe, to have ppl in UK realize how one can buy into the company, get control and eventually offload his debts.
    Then get out, of what will undoubtedly be eventual downfall of MU brand and loss of assets, with the profit.

Basically it takes a lot to have people notice and even then, at best, it takes them a day to forget it all

well we will see how forgetful people are when they electronically zap your picture without human intervention and process plus mail a ticket right to your house for not wearing a seatbelt

i cant believe the rights people will give up for a false sense of greater security

They always notice when its too late and then like good slaves learn how to live with it.

Rome being portrayed as some sort of cradle of civilization, when in reality it was as barbarian as you could get and stole every single invention it ever proclaimed as its own, existed for as long as the outside preassure hasnt overcome its inner strength. If there would be none, we would be still the slaves of Rome

good stuff falcon, although i guess ill have to say its inevitable. It almost seems to me that nature intends for us to be public. DNA took care of any question between two people one could think of. Now technology is making it too easy not to identify everything, instantly.

i can see it now though- think its bad to have your credit card number stolen? what if your us id is taken and every aspect of your life can be used falsely?

A national id will probably include a fingerprint, a bit harder to steal when it gets checked plus not as easy for a terrorist to use or get a hold of one. I would expect some stronger id after 911 would be in order, banks are always getting money siphoned from them in small amts so they take the loss to not scare the public otherwise people would stop using electronic banking if they all knew what was going on.

We already know with credit cards so why not make it more difficult using fingerprint and better yet iris id which should be coming out shortly and can't be counterfeited.

Centralized citizen id would also make any transaction like filing for a mortgage or medical emergency go much faster than waiting for one agency to communicate with another plus eliminating billions we waste on paperwork for which savings would trickle back down to the consumer.

Giving up some privacy for less paperwork and processing speed of anything we do is worth it coupled with secure id's.

Its going too far, imo. If all of our information, everything about our lives is stored on one centralized database we all would become expoentially more vulnerable.

Right now theives are crashing through social security buildings to obtain thousands of our social security numbers to be used for various things, including credit.

One hack or break in to one centralized system and you could see any americans full life from one source, this doesnt worry anyone?

A centralized location if enacted would be in a more secure area physically than crashing thru walls to get at numbers or data same as banking corporations either many floors above or below ground aside from the secure id card I mentioned earlier.

Besides, what the government has on you is available thru different channels in the first place so why not cut all the red tape and time to get at it securely with proper permissions according to who's asking.

Personally I don't have anything to hide to begin with along with millions of others and what I do have to hide is personal and not available as public record unless you give me sodium penthathol.

Anything that can speed up the process or take the burecracy out of doing anything is definitely a worth a look see.

yes, the centralized system would be more secure but never underestimate the criminal. Anything can be broken into.

I guess i think of it as america putting all of its eggs in one basket. What if that centralized system somehow gets wiped out like fight club? (i know, longshot but still)

Also, i just couldnt get over the fact that many of men in government would have the power to just see your whole life on a computer screen at will, your life purchases, your criminal history, your medical history, everything. Marketing companies are gonna be all over this, they will track what you buy and do over your whole life, consequently pressing out a pre-made package of life for your children- as they basically are now anyways

Well if you belive government and big business, basically the same thing, works for what are your best interests and if you belive all the stories about constant threats facing you, then yeah, I guess you are correct.

Then again why not just instal the camera in your house.
    Since you have nothing to hide, you might just as well let the police know whats happening in your house all the time, this way when faced with any kind of danger, say lost terrorist, police would be able to respond immediately.

yep thats what how i wanted to say it-

dont forget the camera in your car in case the terrorist is hiding in the back seat. Also, your wife's closet and bathroom- you wouldnt want her to be taken by the terrorists would you? a camera is neccessary then, and dont worry if your wife isnt doing anything wrong she has nothing to worry about

Your going overboard here and marketing wouldn't be allowed in this kind of setup to begin with. Large corporations with anything of value backup there data by physically moving media to various locations like stock market would have about 5 different locations around the country should a building catch fire lets say then data is not lost, its been done this way for decades, I use to work in a data storage location other than the original site for a large stocks company, believe me they do cover alot of ends when it comes to stocks, data, etc. even power supply as alternates as well to keep things going.

Thread Information