How do I make scrambled eggs?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I make scrambled eggs?

Talking How do I make scrambled eggs?

I thought I would try and make scrambled eggs this morning (never tried before). So I looked up a recipe on the internet and followed it as best I could, but it came out more like an omlette really.

As you can probably tell, I am not the world's greatest cook

any tips?
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Here we go ill try and explain lol...

Get a bowl, crack the eggs against the side of it and put all the "stuff" from them in the bowl and throw away the shells.

Get a fork and (this is hard to explain) mix it until itís all the same colour (whatís the term for the way you mix it?!?)

Put it in a pan add milk so itís just got a light orange look to it now.

Leave it cooking until all the excess juice has been soaked up, add salt and serve

thatís probably the worse ever guide but give it a go
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

You forgot after its in the pan and cooking once it starts to look like an omelet you start breaking it up by stirring or moving til it looks like all chunks.

cheers fellas, will try it later on and post back!
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

ohh yeah always stir it so it doesn't stick, and add salt and put it on a buttered roll..... im hungry
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

scrambled eggs are like prison food, id rather have a mcgriddle

ahh im just still patronizing from posting to falcon in the other thread...

lol, I love 'em, just didn't know how to make 'em

I didn't have time today, forgot I had to go and collect my parents from Southampton airport this evening. I will give the recipe a whirl tomorrow though.

If it turns into a complete dogs dinner I will post a photo for your amusement

M.C.S.A.

dannyboy,

I am an expert scrambled egg chef
    Key things to remember:

Use water instead of milk. Milk is too heavy and the eggs won't get fluffy. Don't use a lot...for, say 6 eggs, use about 6 tablespoons (or just eyeball it). You could use half milk and half water too, for a little richer flavor.

Don't over mix the mixture. Beating the eggs and water too long will break down some kind of chemical reaction that is supposed to happen. Just beat em till they're kinda fluffy.

Add mixture to slightly buttered non-stick pan. Here I add some type of soft cheese like Velveeta. You can use any kind you like though.

Start out on medium heat and cook,stirring till it just starts coming together. Then raise the heat to high and just fold the egg mixture over itself till there's no more liquid.

Take them off the heat BEFORE they look completely done or else they will be over done by the time you plate them.

This procedure will give you a perfect plate of fluffy scrambled eggs.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Paul
    Last edited by ups4; June 1st, 2005 at 11:35 PM.
    ....my get-up-and-go musta got up and went....

I DID IT!!!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dan.wills/eggs.jpg

I had time to come home for lunch today, so thought it would be the perfect time to try it. I was still convinced it would come out like an omelette, but I see what you guys mean about stirring it - it just kind of cooks differently.

Anyway it was right tasty so thanks for all the tips & advice chaps. Maybe there's hope for me yet

M.C.S.A.

that looks pretty good.

i make it every saturday morning when my mum is still in bed and im up early (how will i ever live on my own )

Originally posted by Martin_89

Get a fork and (this is hard to explain) mix it until itís all the same colour (whatís the term for the way you mix it?!?)

Put it in a pan add milk so itís just got a light orange look to it now.

Leave it cooking until all the excess juice has been soaked up, add salt and serve [/I]
    I use 2% milk in my eggs, but you need to add it before you start cooking. Also, as stated, use just about one tablespoon per egg.

I'd like to second the statement that you simply fold the egg over itself as it cooks and to remove the pan from the heat as soon as the liquid is all gone.
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

Congrats dannyboy.
    Looks like you did a pretty good job.
    I think you're well on your way to scrambled egg stardom .

Paul
    ....my get-up-and-go musta got up and went....

I just got hungry, and dang its 4:00 AM here. I can't go raid the kitchen cause my parents will get mad. And LOL coming to hardwarecentral as a cooking guide
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Next on the to-do list,
    Eggs benedict!
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

it is easy to prepare and it is easy to cook
    hope you get all the tips

Thread Information