Top 3 favourite beers! - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 3 favourite beers!

lol, back in the nineties I used to drink mainly Fosters, which all my Aussie friends thought was hilarious when I arrived. Apparently it's a bit of an old man's drink over there?

So they got me drinking Tooheys and VB, which were popular at the time. Sounds like it's all changed over there again though!

What's popular at the moment, are there any new Aussie brands, or is it all imported?
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

My friends all wonder how I can like Guinness so much. They always joke around saying that it is the beer that eats like a meal.

I also get the line about having to chew it and whatnot.

Don
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    XP 2200+ TBred
    1GB Samsung PC2700
    74GB Raptor 10k RPM SATA
    Pioneer DVR108 DVD Burner
    Sapphire 9800Pro
    Soundstorm Audio
    17" Viewsonic A75s

never had fosters, but i heard its the only beer you can make lsd from becuase no others contain ergot

Originally posted by dannyboy27
    lol, back in the nineties I used to drink mainly Fosters, which all my Aussie friends thought was hilarious when I arrived. Apparently it's a bit of an old man's drink over there?

So they got me drinking Tooheys and VB, which were popular at the time. Sounds like it's all changed over there again though!

What's popular at the moment, are there any new Aussie brands, or is it all imported?
    Yeah, VB was quite a popular one when I was up in Cairns last year. It's actually quite an easy lager that you could drink all day -especially in those silly little bottles it comes in.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

dannyboy27:

Yeah, I think Fosters is consumed more in New South Wales (Sydney), it's not very big down in Victoria. Carlton United Beverages (who make VB, Carlton Draught, Carlton Cold, Crown Larger, etc) originated in Victoria, so that's what most folk down here drink.

I probably would consider Fosters a bit of an old-mans drink. Most students will still drink VB, Melbourne Bitter, Carlton Draught and other el'cheapo rusted nails splendors. Been there, done that, over it

The slightly more up-market beers like Carlton Cold and Crown Larger are popular.

Tasmanian beer has also become increasingly popular and rightly so. If you can get it, it's worth trying some of the Cascades and Boags (J. Boag) beers.

Another NSW brand is James Squire (mentioned as one of my top 3 favourites). They're not so mainstream in the type of beer they brew. I find it has a whole lot more character to it.

Carlton Cold is not bad. No idea why VB is Victoria Bitter though.

I remember quite liking Harp when I went to Dublin.

Originally posted by MuFu
    Carlton Cold is not bad. No idea why VB is Victoria Bitter though.

I remember quite liking Harp when I went to Dublin.
    yeah that confused me with VB too. If a lager was released over here as a bitter, I think it would be a marketing disaster

I didn't know Harp was still around ?

Bink, cheers for the recommendations, I like my beer as cold as possible so I will look out for Carlton cold when I'm next down under
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

I didn't know Harp was still around ?
    Well if it isn't it's because the band I was in drank the entire world supply, on tour in 1998.

Originally posted by MuFu
    Well if it isn't it's because the band I was in drank the entire world supply, on tour in 1998.
    LOL, I'm doing my best to single-handedly drink the country dry of Carling, but so far there still seems to be plenty to go around

what instrument did you play? and what kind of stuff?

I was in a band with some mates at school, I played bass. We played Nirvana, Metallica, that kind of stuff. We s*cked big stylee, it was just for the fun of it really

M.C.S.A.

Stella, nothing but stella...unless there aint any . Got one right here, nice and cold, yummy. Now back to enthusia

what instrument did you play? and what kind of stuff?
    Oh, that was with a big orchestra. I've always been in and out of all sorts of bands since I was young though - currently in a rockin' 4-piece at uni playing drums. Sort of funk/rock/calypso, I guess (haha).

I was in a band with some mates at school, I played bass. We played Nirvana, Metallica, that kind of stuff. We s*cked big stylee, it was just for the fun of it really
    Definitely the best way to do it. Once it gets serious then all the fun can disappear in an instant, especially if you are trying to get signed etc and it is becoming increasingly obvious that you're actually totally balls.

Mixup, I could do with a cold Stella right now. Bloody exams!

Speaking of bands my mates band is on the verge of being signed by roadrunner i'm pretty jelous all he does is get high and drunk.

On the beer front i'm just watching Naploean Dinamite with a nice Fosters. Did the pub quiz and won with the free 8 pints ready for the taking till someone came with a late entry and took our victory
    A64 3000+ at 3.2ghz
    1gb OCZ Plat 2
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D
    Galaxy 7800GTX
    600W Enermax
    Regassed prommie with R507a

Ah the new updatedness of my sig.

Hmm...lets see...

*looks around room at empy bottles*

*subtracts vodka, barcadi 151, and Jack D bottles*

Well.. I'm left with

1.) Guiness