the shoe that becomes lighter!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: the shoe that becomes lighter!

the shoe that becomes lighter!

I visited London the other day and passing by Oxgord Street, I checked Foot Locker, just for fun (actually I need new running shoes after hundreds and hundreds of kms). I was amazed by an Adidas that had a visible Áchip inside the sole. One of the vendors passed by and asked me if I was interrested, I asked if the chip was there to create some illumination of the shoe while it was moving. He smiled a bit patronizing... and explained to me that the shoe... actually computes the state of the surface you are running on and also adapts to the running style. Great. Then he said that the shoe can make the sole harder or softer... and also if it senses that the runner is tired (remember "running style") it becomes lighter. My girlfiend immediately said "how can it become lighter ?", he said "I can't explain, but it does".
    And I think he believed it and still does. I had a good laugh out of the shop.
    And of course, you run faster when the shoe becomes lighter
    Have you ever had someone telling you such bs trying to sell something ?
    Looking intelligent takes more than looking coool.

you didnt know of the new chip that is being made that can decrease and increase mass at will without any foreign weight introduced?

If you are serious about running I would suggest Mizuno performance series.

I use Phantom Classics, 230g shoe, and ever since I first tried one, I never even consider getting anything else anymore.

Mind you this are not exactly the cheapest sneakers around, but IMO well worth the money.

Oh and back to the topic, all the time
    Thats one of the reasons I hatethis modern way of doing business so much.

Originally posted by krupted
    you didnt know of the new chip that is being made that can decrease and increase mass at will without any foreign weight introduced?
    does that come with or without anti-gravity propulsion system
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; May 10th, 2005 at 02:08 PM.

without, but it does have similar technology to volo's anti-rollover gyro mechanism

telll us more

Ive seen commercials for those shoes, they look all neat. But they are probably really expensive too.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Originally posted by ThePerson98
    Ive seen commercials for those shoes, they look all neat. But they are probably really expensive too.
    I heard $250,not sure if thats US$ or Cdn$.

This just randomly came to my mind for a disturbingly odd reason. The threads name is "the shoe that becomes lighter" I just thought, "the shoe that sets you on fire" *can imagine watching some guy all the sudden being set on fire.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Thread Information