May 13th, 2005, 05:10 AM
well i dont know if any of the US guys watched the preview on MTV lastnight but for the UK guys its on at 9:00PM tonight (13th/May/2005) on MTV UK.
the xbox 360 site is up, www.xbox360.com and the xbox site also has some details about it.
Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
- Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
- VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
- 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
- 1 MB L2 cache
Custom ATI Graphics Processor
- 10 MB of embedded DRAM
- 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
- Unified shader architecture
- 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
- Unified memory architecture
- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
- 21.6 GB/s front-side bus
- Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
- 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
- Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB
- Support for up to four wireless game controllers
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- Two memory unit slots
Optimized for online
- Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
- Built-in Ethernet port
- Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
- Video camera ready
Full list of specs HERE
May 13th, 2005, 07:15 AM
just found a video on Game about it, it can be downloaded HERE
the video shows us the motherboard etc and also tells us that the CPU is going to be water cooled.
May 13th, 2005, 11:51 AM
thats unreal- its faster than anyones pc today
any idea how much its gonna cost? this might be my first console i pre-order
Last edited by krupted; May 13th, 2005 at 12:01 PM.
May 13th, 2005, 12:14 PM
ive not got a clue about cost but i would think about the £250-£300 mark, thats $460USD - $550 (thats over here in the UK anyway, but we get ripped off)
i downloaded the MTV release from BitTorrent, and it has some in game videos, and it looks great. good to see that this one has much more FSAA so the "jaggy edges" that the PS2 and Xbox are very bad for due to the low screen res of TV's is pretty much fixed. thats the one thing i dont like about consoles. Also all games are in HD so it should look pretty amazing.
May 13th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Actually, pricewise I believe it is going to list at $400. Pretty unreasonable if you ask me, but I guess I will wait and see some demos before I snap to judgement.
Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
250GB WD Backup Drive
2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
Black Silverstone TJ-07
PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
Dell 30" LCD
May 13th, 2005, 01:26 PM
release is said to be November (2005) in the US and then Europe 10 days after that.
May 13th, 2005, 04:11 PM
i wouldnt even think of paying over $400, but considering the specs they claim, and knowking this is gonna be the console to have over the next 5+ years, i might actually pay the $400, even if in one year itll drop to $250
May 17th, 2005, 10:41 PM
It sounds neat. Yet, I stick with computers. I dont like the controllers. And what I would do is spend 400 dollars on a new video card
Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L
May 18th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Yeh only to have it be obsolete in 6 months. Consoles are the way now, you can invest thousands of dollars and wouldn't come close to the performance of these consoles. Besides I'm sure you can hook up a mouse and keyboard to them.
May 18th, 2005, 06:08 PM
well pc wont be replaced because ms and sony will keep their consoles proprietary, they wont just let you install anything on them like you can a pc.
i did hear though that a ms in the future wants a game console that plays pc games, plus its own exclusives... that would be interesting eh?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)