Some interesting car related statistics
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Some interesting car related statistics

Hybrid View

Some interesting car related statistics

well because my mum is a driving instructor the DSA (Driving Standards Agency) sends her magazines and i was reading it in the bath and found some statistics you might be interested in.

Cars least stopped by police last year
    • Honda Jazz
    • Citroen C3
    • Ford Focus C-MAX
    • Smart city coupe/cabriolet/ForTwo

Cars most stopped last year
    • Porsche 911
    • Toyota MR2
    • Subaru Impreza
    • Honda S2000

Cars least flashed by a speed camera
    • Citroen Saxo
    • Skoda Fabia
    • Nissan Micra (Old shape)
    • Citroen C3
    • Rover 25
    • Mazda 323
    • Ford Puma
    • Volkswagen Touran
    • Vauxhall Corsa

Top 10 cars flashed by a speed camera
    • Mercedes E-Class
    • Alfa Romeo 147
    • Mercedes CLK
    • Porsche 911
    • Alfa Romeo 156
    • BMW Z4
    • BMW 5-Series (old)
    • BMW 5-Series (new)
    • BMW X5

these stats are for the UK btw
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Now those are some very interesting facts!

It makes sense that BMW's and Porsche's are flashed more than any other car, as they're normally owned by business men who spend all day travelling around.

I hope they got nice expensive fines to go with their expensive cars

That doesn't suprise me about the Impreza's either... most are owned by absolute nutters
    Desktop - XP2100 @ 2.4GHz, Abit NF7-S, 1gb DDR500 Crucial Ballistix, 120 + 160gb HDD, Windows XP
    Laptop - Athlon 64 3000, 1gb RAM, 40gb HDD, Radeon Mobility 200, Windows Vista
    Server - P4 1.8GHz, 768mb RAM, 2x 40gb HDDs, Win2k3 Server

look at the Least cars stopped and least cars flashed, shows somthing about Citroen's BUBBLE C3 IMAGE, now would you really want to speed in that

and yeah the Impreza and Lancer EVO doesn't surprize me eather. seems the Alfa drivers seem to be at the speeding a lot
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Originally posted by Martin_89
    seems the Alfa drivers seem to be at the speeding a lot
    Ohhhhhhh, that's nasty!

Seems the Rover 25 doesn't get pulled a lot either... probably because they're all driven by old people who are law abiding 'lets sit 5mph below the speed limit' drivers.

I was behind a 420 GSi this evening doing 33 in a 40... but I daren't overtake them. I'm sure you remember what happened last time I overtook someone
    Desktop - XP2100 @ 2.4GHz, Abit NF7-S, 1gb DDR500 Crucial Ballistix, 120 + 160gb HDD, Windows XP
    Laptop - Athlon 64 3000, 1gb RAM, 40gb HDD, Radeon Mobility 200, Windows Vista
    Server - P4 1.8GHz, 768mb RAM, 2x 40gb HDDs, Win2k3 Server

yeah, i think we all remember. no overtaking for you for a while. Dont you just hate the grandads in the red 214's only joking mate

Quite surprised the Type R Civic and VW Golf did'nt make it into the bad boy list, since alot of rude boy wannabes drive those
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Originally posted by Justintime
    Quite surprised the Type R Civic and VW Golf did'nt make it into the bad boy list, since alot of rude boy wannabes drive those
    Such as nick LOL

my car doesnt go fast enough to get caught by a speed cammera

Originally posted by Justintime
    I have a TomTom navigator which thanksfully tells me where all the speed cameras in the country are.

If I didn't have this kit, I'd be taking the bus to work tomorrow
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

Originally posted by CenturionStrategy
    I have a TomTom navigator which thanksfully tells me where all the speed cameras in the country are.

If I didn't have this kit, I'd be taking the bus to work tomorrow
    ahh, it does that too! WANT ONE

Thread Information