World hockey championship
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World hockey championship

World hockey championship

anyone watching it

its quite interesting this time with all the big names playing for major 6

on the rather sad note we really got a beating from the yanks, not that anyone was suprised

USA : SLO .... 7 :0

I surfed through it looking for the weather channel

I was suprized to see hockey at all considering the mess the Owners and Players in the states have made of the sport.

The verdict for next season (NHL) is still to be determined. It seems that philsosphy and deceit, the rudiments of the world (greed), and the traditions of men have overpowered the love of the sport.

They'll probably play next season and watch the owners break the salary caps by paying a luxury tax to the nhl much like boss steinbrenner does, last season he payed I think 33mil. Owners can't resist paying whatever it takes to lure a player.

Salary cap does have to be increased, players take too much of a beating playing this game let alone getting clobbered by the likes of a bertuzzi.

let alone getting clobbered by the likes of a bertuzzi.
    Or a Moore. It's conveniently forgotten that he injured Naslund a couple of games earlier. And wasn't penalized by the NHL. The condoning of that kind of play by the NHL leads to incidents like the Bertuzzi, which was ugly.

I missed Canada's first game -- work -- but I'll be watching the others. We play Slovakia tomorrow, I think, Falcon.

Uh oh a canucks fan I forgot, believe bertuzzi went a little too far for vengence. Concussions are part of the game but they happen in hockey more so which is why the cap has to be higher so a player can get paid better. Sure didn't want richter to have to quit the game but as long as he's compensated well enough for his injury in case things got worse at least his family wouldn't have to scrape an existence.

Originally posted by rangeral
    Uh oh a canucks fan I forgot, believe bertuzzi went a little too far for vengence. Concussions are part of the game but they happen in hockey more so which is why the cap has to be higher so a player can get paid better. Sure didn't want richter to have to quit the game but as long as he's compensated well enough for his injury in case things got worse at least his family wouldn't have to scrape an existence.
    All those other players jumping on top of the Bertuzzi/Moore probably didn't help the concussion much either.

believe bertuzzi went a little too far for vengence
    Way too far. But it would help if hockey (the NHL) smartened up, called all of it, and just did what other sports do. You fight, you take a cheap shot, you're out of the game. It works in football and basketball and soccer.
    Anyone see the cross check from behind an American laid on a Canadian to put him head first into the boards in the under-18 Championship final?
    By the way, congrats on a very decisive win in that series. And that kid, forget his name, on the US team will be a big star.
    Last edited by DanceMan; May 2nd, 2005 at 05:38 AM.

Originally posted by DanceMan

I missed Canada's first game -- work -- but I'll be watching the others. We play Slovakia tomorrow, I think, Falcon.
    Actually you are playing Slovenia tommorow, which is just as well, couse Slovakia would be a lot more of a challange for ya. If I remember correctly they fought US for the 3rd place on the last champioship and narrowly lost, were 3rd before that and 1st in 2002.

Official page

This way you will have nothing more then a bit of exercise against Slovenia, which only real chance to stay in the elite group is to beat Latvia in the last game.

Thanks for the link. Worked a 17 hour day yesterday and had a difficult time remembering it was Sunday. Somehow it felt like Monday.

Well since everything is a bit dead around here, lets have some more OT

Relegation round:

SLO : DEN .... 4:3

after Danes were leading 3:0 allready in the first period

I must say everything looked pretty bleak after the 2 games against USA and Canada, but allready a game against latvia showed some improvement, 3:1 for Latvia with last goal going in after we pulled out our goalie.

I do like comebacks like this though, going from 0:3 to 4:3 will do wonders for the team spirit.

BTW Austrains were loosing 0:2 against Germany, then got back to 2:2 and were really close to winning the game, so two rather exciting matches today.

It is a bit dead. Do the members have real lives?

I was surprised at the Canada/USA game. I thought it would be a much tougher game. It ought to be if they meet again in the playoff round. I don't think Canada will have it easy against the the winners of the other groups -- Sweden, the Czechs, etc.

Way to go SLO! And the Latvians gave (the US?) a tough game.

i've sort of been following this because i have some good finnish friends who are bonkers for ice hockey. looks like suomi played out a blinder against the states!
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

That last goal was a heartbreaker for the Finns after coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

True, they really deserved winning that one.

the finns i spoke with today about it felt less annoyed about that one so much as the sweden result! they also felt that the team seemed to have little heart in them, with so many players not going to the championships.
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

Thread Information