just a thread for poor andy who crashed his car lastnight main thing is he is ok though.

IMAGES

taken from OCUK Forums...

As of tonight, my car is no longer with me...

Firstly, the damage...

Big dent in the boot lid
Rear drivers side wheel bent (possible sub frame or suspension damage)
Front drivers side tyre was off the rim, had to change to spare wheel
Front passenger side wheel is leaking air
Damage to passenger door, passenger door sill, front wing, bonnet, front bumper, passenger side front and rear lights don't work at all

The gearbox is very very stiff and the clutch feels very heavy.

Needless to say I'm absolutely gutted Only had it 5 months.

Anyway, I was on my way home, coming down a long stretch of road. A clio pulls out in front of me and as I'm already making progress (doing about 35), signal out and start to overtake him. He seems to think that this isn't good enough and so guns it. When I realise I'm not getting clear of him, I put my foot down and look at him for a split second. I look back and see home headlights coming the other way. I brake and swerve back in, lose the back end, the car spins 360ļc and mounts the curb, takes out a fence and a couple of hedges and I end facing the right way on the opposite side of the road.

Once I get my senses back, I think about the situation. My seatbelt is securely fastened, the engine has stalled and I'm surround by smoke with a weird smell (probably the tyres). So I get out and the damage isn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, but is still pretty bad.

I'm so gutted, even been in tears quite a bit tonight. None of the other people even stopped to help, but the Clio driver did come back with some of his mates in another car as it slowed down while they all took a look at the car. This was after I had moved the car across the road to a safe opening behind a wall (so they would have had to know it was there to spot it).

When I got out of the car, some people who lived nearby came rushing over. They were very very helpful, got me a coat, a drink and rang my dad.

I've got no idea what I'm going to do yet. I'll look at the car in the light tomorrow and see how damaged the suspension is. I'll probably strip it down, sell the interior and other bits off seperately to get back some money, and buy another 214 for less money.

Needless to say, I won't be overtaking again
hope you get a new car soon mate