Poor Andy (AGW_01)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Andy (AGW_01)

Hybrid View

Angry Poor Andy (AGW_01)

just a thread for poor andy who crashed his car lastnight main thing is he is ok though.

IMAGES

taken from OCUK Forums...

As of tonight, my car is no longer with me...

Firstly, the damage...

Big dent in the boot lid
    Rear drivers side wheel bent (possible sub frame or suspension damage)
    Front drivers side tyre was off the rim, had to change to spare wheel
    Front passenger side wheel is leaking air
    Damage to passenger door, passenger door sill, front wing, bonnet, front bumper, passenger side front and rear lights don't work at all

The gearbox is very very stiff and the clutch feels very heavy.

Needless to say I'm absolutely gutted Only had it 5 months.

Anyway, I was on my way home, coming down a long stretch of road. A clio pulls out in front of me and as I'm already making progress (doing about 35), signal out and start to overtake him. He seems to think that this isn't good enough and so guns it. When I realise I'm not getting clear of him, I put my foot down and look at him for a split second. I look back and see home headlights coming the other way. I brake and swerve back in, lose the back end, the car spins 360ļc and mounts the curb, takes out a fence and a couple of hedges and I end facing the right way on the opposite side of the road.

Once I get my senses back, I think about the situation. My seatbelt is securely fastened, the engine has stalled and I'm surround by smoke with a weird smell (probably the tyres). So I get out and the damage isn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, but is still pretty bad.

I'm so gutted, even been in tears quite a bit tonight. None of the other people even stopped to help, but the Clio driver did come back with some of his mates in another car as it slowed down while they all took a look at the car. This was after I had moved the car across the road to a safe opening behind a wall (so they would have had to know it was there to spot it).

When I got out of the car, some people who lived nearby came rushing over. They were very very helpful, got me a coat, a drink and rang my dad.

I've got no idea what I'm going to do yet. I'll look at the car in the light tomorrow and see how damaged the suspension is. I'll probably strip it down, sell the interior and other bits off seperately to get back some money, and buy another 214 for less money.

Needless to say, I won't be overtaking again
    hope you get a new car soon mate
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

That is a shame...

The most important thing is that he wasn't hurt, cars can be replaced, people can't.

I hope he can get a new one soon and be back on the road again.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

cars can be replaced, people can't
    thats exactly what his dad said to him according to his post at ocuk

at least its a chance to get somthing newer and in better condition, although he wants another rover 214.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Originally posted by Martin_89
    thats exactly what his dad said to him according to his post at ocuk

It's very true....I guess I am showing my age huh?

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

Originally posted by jankerson
    It's very true....I guess I am showing my age huh?
    yeah, id just be gutted about my car, i suppose a car isnt the most important thing in the world, even although ive been waiting 17 years for my first one!

yeah, id just be gutted about my car, i suppose a car isnt the most important thing in the world, even although ive been waiting 17 years for my first one!
    Well you will have alot more cars through the years.

Cars don't really mean much once you have had 6 or 7 of them, after that they are just transportation from point A to Point B.

Originally posted by jankerson
    Well you will have alot more cars through the years.

Cars don't really mean much once you have had 6 or 7 of them, after that they are just transportation from point A to Point B.
    yeah i suppose so, first is always special though

yeah i suppose so, first is always special though

Yep very true.

damn, sounds like the clio driver was being a bit of an arse by gunning it though and not letting him past. Didn't they even stop?

A mate of mine wrote his car off within about 2 weeks of passing his test. He'd had this car for months before, tidying it up etc, it looked immaculate. The day before he crashed it, I'd fitted a new clutch cable as well... he lost it in snow round a corner, I think he was having too much fun!

Temp Rig:
    AthlonXP 1800, Asus A7N266-VM
    256 PC2100, 40Gb 5400RPM HDD
    GeForce MX440 (for now)
    Tagan 330W PSU, XP SP2

Broken Rig:
    AMD 2600+ Barton
    Abit NF7 V2.0 Mainboard
    XFX GeForce FX5200, 256 DDR
    LiteOn DVD Writer
    WD 80Gig
    Seagate 120Gig
    512Mb Kingston PC3200
    Tagan 330W PSU
    WinXP - Pro SP2

Laptop : HP Pavilion ze2000 - Centrino 1.6Ghz XP Home/SP2

Wow Martin, I never expect this, thank you very much

Yep, well it's true, I crashed the car at 11:05PM last night. I'm still really shocked and upset, but as Martin has said, the main thing is is that I'm still here.

When the crash happened, I thought the car had rolled. I remember losing the back end, then I remember looking out of the windscreen when the front end was up in the air (it bounced over the curb into the fence) and then the last thing I remember was being sat in my seat in the middle of the road surround by smoke. It was very scary and I'm very lucky to have come out of it alive.

I'm a bit sick as to the amount of money I've spent on the car, but it's all stuff that can be taken off and changed over on my new Rover (yes I'm getting another)

I might have another very soon though, a very good friend of mine (I work for his father) has offered to lend me some money to get a new car. He's offered to lend me up to £1000, but as it stands, I'll probably be able to pick up a much newer, cleaner, sportier model for £400... half of what I paid for my first car. Just a shame it won't feel the same though

Thank you for the replies, it really is a nice feeling to know people care.
    Desktop - XP2100 @ 2.4GHz, Abit NF7-S, 1gb DDR500 Crucial Ballistix, 120 + 160gb HDD, Windows XP
    Laptop - Athlon 64 3000, 1gb RAM, 40gb HDD, Radeon Mobility 200, Windows Vista
    Server - P4 1.8GHz, 768mb RAM, 2x 40gb HDDs, Win2k3 Server

not all clio drivers are like that hope you can get a new car soon though what colour you going for? not fancy a 216?

ive been in 4 real good smashes i think, and a couple of off-the-roaders from me just playing around...

of the 4 i only had one fault of mine, the other three were covered by the other guys insurance

and two of those 4 happened within 8 days of eachother. On a rainy night a guy pulling hit fishing boat couldnt stop as fast as hes used to and smashed my back bumber off. Exactly 8 days after that happened, i was pulling into the parking lot of ozzfest and a jeep hit my little stopped jetta in the rear doin 40mph, the whole trunk was gone and the frame was bent up like a bow from hitting the car in front of me. On the lighter side, i got a note from the doctor stating no injuries, only minor pain, and when i sent that to the guys insurance they sent me a $500 check

at least my clio isnt fast enough to crash but i suppose it can cause crashes as andy knows

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    You may not want the insurance company to see those 0~50 and 0~60 pics.

Glad your okay. I used to drive like a mad man. Until I hit a underpass with my camaro going 80 mph. I used to take my camaro upto around 140 mph. I am not sure if you heard the song beechin' camaro. It fit me pretty well.

fill beechin in for *****

Okay, the important thing here is
    that you ask me what kind of car it is.
    Uh, what kinda car do ya' got?
    I've got a *****in' Camaro.

*****in' camaro
    *****in' camaro
    I ran over my neighbors
    *****in' camaro
    *****in' camaro,
    Now I'm in all the papers

My folks bought me a *****in' Camaro
    With no insurance to match
    So if I happen to run you down
    Please don't leave a scratch
    I ran over some old lady
    One night at the county fair
    And I didn't get arrested
    Because my dad's the mayor

*****in' camaro
    *****in' camaro
    Donuts on your lawn
    *****in' camaro
    *****in' camaro
    Tony Orlando and Dawn

When I drive past the kids
    They all spit and cuss
    Cause I've got a *****in' Camaro
    And they have to ride the bus
    So you'd better get out of my way
    When I come through your yard
    Cause I've got a *****in' Camaro
    And an Exxon credit card

*****in' camaro
    *****in' camaro
    Hey man where ya headed?
    *****in' camaro
    *****in' camaro
    I'm drunk on unleaded!

LOL at ol' man's song!

my car maxes out at 105MPH

Thread Information