For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist - Page 6
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist

Originally posted by Shinma
    Thread is heading toward religion/non-religion debate...
    thank you shinma, my point exactly. exactly why i tried to state from the begining that i did not want to discuss that, it goes on forever.

If we were talking about science, like i was trying to do, then god is out of the discussion, period. science is about everything but him.

Jakerson, i dont believe im closed minded. I tried to buy into the whole church thing- church meaning god, bible whatever its all hand in hand. But as i grew up i realized that its not the way i see it, i want to find a better answer than one that has been forced down peoples throats for two thousand years. After all that time jesus never came back, and more and more people are realizing its just a story for those who need the guidance. Anyways i hope theres no hard feelings, i respect your beliefs and you as a person, i honestly just didnt want to hear the god answer.

Richard, it was never my intention to start wars, i dont hate you or anyone on these boards. Please refrain from pointing fingers as that was seemingly whats been going on, i will try to do the same. And yes i dont like too many rules, censorship- again that whole closed minded deal

I dont see this thread going to where i origionally intended it to. I appreciate those who didnt try to give the "god is the answer' explination. That is one theory, one that ive heard over and over my whole life. I simply want to get some new thoughts and ideas, not ones two thousand years old.

Again, i never ment to start wars, which is why i wanted to keep religon out of the topic, because its doing the same thing it has always done, cause trouble.
    Last edited by krupted; May 3rd, 2005 at 06:04 PM.

Originally posted by Justintime

plausible reason? lol dunno i still don't see how but take it day by day and enjoy it to the fullest, might be ya only chance i guess.
    A nice straight answer now that i look back, and one i follow myself. although i believe its hard to live every day to its fullest, maybe thatll happen when im retired

Originally posted by krupted
    A nice straight answer now that i look back, and one i follow myself. although i believe its hard to live every day to its fullest, maybe thatll happen when im retired

Yep.

That is all we all try and do, just take it day by day and make the best out of life while we can.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    In a nutshell. My opinion, nothing more.

Time = infinite
    Earth = older than 7000 years (men as we know them have been here probably for only 7000 years. We were made in Gods image.)
    life forms = infinite ( in the universe as whole)
    life forms evolved over infinity and eternity( not just on earth)
    some life forms evolved to a state of perfection
    said life forms became God (The Lord calls himself "we" in Genisis)
    imagine humans evolving for infinity
    God = infinite
    Angel = Children of God
    Earth = stepping stone (place where fallen angles went)
    Nephilim= fallen angel+human hybrid
    Nephilim = still alive today
    Nephilim = born into sin
    Nephilim = second chance at paradise
    Homo Sapiens Sapiens = Nephilim?

This leads to the question why did Jesus have to die for our sins and why did it please God when he died?

I have seen too many strange things in my life to not believe in a higher power than just my self.

But this is my opinion.
    Last edited by ol' man; May 3rd, 2005 at 06:56 PM.

jankerson believe the pyramids are aligned towards north and take the shape of orion's belt 10,000yrs ago when movement of the stars was computed to that time they become a perfect fit.

ol' man the nephilim were wiped out because of sin by the floods of earth when god wanted to wipe the slate clean as they were a very mean race hence fallen angels of course, as to what god I don't know but the christian god would be in the forefront.

Originally posted by rangeral
    jankerson believe the pyramids are aligned towards north and take the shape of orion's belt 10,000yrs ago when movement of the stars was computed to that time they become a perfect fit.
    and it has to be something there considering all the grief Hanc_ock got from Egyptologists for publishing the theory (not his alone).
    He even got official BBC rebuf show

Trust me when they go over all that trouble, there is something there.

ol' man when you are talking about "life forms became God", the movie shown recently "the chronicles of Ridd_ick" has a neat idea on how that happens.

Lead character actually becomes God, after every single representative of his kind is killed.

It has been seen before in Hollywood with the movie "The One".

Actually one is suprised how deep some o this action movies are, almost like the story can nowdays only be told when the movie is made so that money is guranteed and at least on the surface carries no meaning whatsoever

EDIT: grrr damn stupid filters

I'm an eccentric atheist. How? I don't believe that there is a higher power, or that there is a "religious" path to follow. But, I also can't say if I truly believe what science has tried to explain about the earth's creation and evolution. There's no proven fact to how the earth/universe was created. The only things that I do know is that I am here, I have a great bunch of family and friends (present company here in the forums included ) and that I try to do what "man" asks of me by obeying laws, paying taxes, etc. I grew up in a strongly religious Presbyterian family, and also attended several other churches in my short life. The fact that I can't disprove a higher power seperates me from being your average atheist. Basically it's the same when it comes to believing in aliens, ghosts and the supernatural. When the day comes that it has been proven to me that any of this is infact true, it would only be because of a real-life physical experience. Until that day, if it ever comes, I will continue to live life being completely open to all possibilities. In many minds, this is the meaning of a true agnostic. What it means to me is that there is no possibility of a higher power, but I would not deny it if it were ever proven to me. And I do commend those that have found their purpose in life, and also have found their "faith". Without it, I think the world would be even more in danger.
    Last edited by insanityfell; May 3rd, 2005 at 08:45 PM.
    Aspire Turbo case w/6 case fans
    Abit AN7 rev C1 nForce2 Ultra 400
    AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2.205GHz
    Thermalright SLK900A w/92mm Tornado
    Abit Radeon 9600XT All In Wonder 594/796
    Geil Dual Channel 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 6-3-2-2.5
    Sound BlasterŪ X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty
    2-Maxtor Ultra Series Kit 120GB SATA L01M120 Raid0 (OS & Programs)
    Western Digital Special Edition 120GB WD1200JB 8MB (Data)
    Lite-On CD-Rom 48x
    NEC 4X DVD +RW/-RW Drive
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Here. Now this is interesting. I looked under an old author I used to read and I encountered the religious de-bunking of the author's de-bunking or religion!

http://www.alienresistance.org/erichvondaniken.htm

I think these guys are over the top!

Another VERY VERY scary thing I noticed in our thread when talking about ADAM and Eve and even Hitler.....

Adam and Eve
    Adolf and Eva

((Hears twilight zone theme in head!!)

Current Main Rig:
    AMD FX55 @ 2.9 GHz
    2 GB PC 3200 DDR RAM
    ABIT KN8 SLi motherboard
    ATI X1900XT O/C to XTX speeds

Retired Rig:
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 2387 MHz. (217*11)
    512MB DDR RAM @ 436 MHz. (PC 3700)
    Abit AN7 motherboard
    BFG GeForce 6800GT OC!

Now about the Ghost thing.

I do believe in Ghosts, because I have seen one with my own eyes.... It was back in 1983 when I was in Guam.

And I did live in a House that was known to be Haunted for 10 years, I never saw one there, but I heard alot of things like people walking when I was the only one there etc. It wasn't just me either, it was my whole family and some of the people who where doing work on the house heard them too.

So with that said I can't discount anything as being possible coming from my own experances. Maybe that's why I have an open mind about alot of things.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

This reminds me of an old movie line that I remember. It explains just what you are saying Jankerson.

It was in reference to a German Businessman looking out his window watching the Nazis dealing with a hunger related work stoppage at one of the forced labor camps.

A fellow American businessman was blackmailing the German businessman into working for the Allies against his German heritage. The German was very resentful of this position.

The Nazis picked a man at random and hanged him. They threatened to hang each and every one of the other protestors until they returned to work, which they did promptly.

The German businessman looked back into the room with an expression of horror on his face, turned to the American and said:

"You can read about a hundred atrocities, hear about a thousand, but you only have to see one! I will work with you without reservation."

There is something undeniable about the reality of visual experience.

Current Main Rig:
    AMD FX55 @ 2.9 GHz
    2 GB PC 3200 DDR RAM
    ABIT KN8 SLi motherboard
    ATI X1900XT O/C to XTX speeds

Retired Rig:
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 2387 MHz. (217*11)
    512MB DDR RAM @ 436 MHz. (PC 3700)
    Abit AN7 motherboard
    BFG GeForce 6800GT OC!

There is something undeniable about the reality of visual experience.
    You got that right...

Talk about a wakeup call to reallity.....

Reallity Smacking you in the face with a baseball bat I can tell you..

Ever sense that day in 1983 I have looked at life alot differently than the past 18 years before it.

i would be a little suspect to guams water

Originally posted by krupted
    i would be a little suspect to guams water
    Nah we didn't drink the water.

Bottled or filtered water only.

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    Originally posted by rangeral

ol' man the nephilim were wiped out because of sin by the floods of earth when god wanted to wipe the slate clean as they were a very mean race hence fallen angels of course, as to what god I don't know but the christian god would be in the forefront.
    No they were on the ark. They were one or some of the wives of Noahs sons. I traced their lineage till way after the flood. Check it out it is their. They became the Lineage of Canaan and many other races.

http://www.childrenofyahweh.com/Othe...g/nephilim.htm

The book of Enoch was thrown out of the bible during th 400's I believe and it spoke a great deal about the Nephilim and fallen angels. It stated that the fallen angels were the ones who taught man magic, astrology, mysticism, herbal intoxicants (tree of knowledge of good and evil anyone), the wroughting of iron and metals, etc..... It is funny that only in the last 200 years has man really started to use iron on a large scale since the industrial age.

Thread Information