For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist

911 was a terrible day, it turned the world to a stand still, nearly every one of our TV channels were showing the events, the streets were empty. and this is from the other side of the world.

other bad stuff happens but it usually doesnt get shown anywhere apart from the contry it happened in.

did anyone hear about the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 when the guy walked into the school and shot 29 6 year olds? that was all over our screens. happened about a 15 mins drive from here.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Originally posted by ol' man
    A "I hate religion thread." ...

*shrug*
    Hate or more appropriately irrelevent or disregard?
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Originally posted by Martin_89
    911 was a terrible day, it turned the world to a stand still, nearly every one of our TV channels were showing the events, the streets were empty. and this is from the other side of the world.

other bad stuff happens but it usually doesnt get shown anywhere apart from the contry it happened in.

did anyone hear about the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 when the guy walked into the school and shot 29 6 year olds? that was all over our screens. happened about a 15 mins drive from here.

I did hear about it.

This thing about Terrorists is only new in the US, over on your side of the world it has been going on for hundreds of years.

Although terrible as it really was and I will say it NEVER should have happened in the first place.......it was a good eye opener to these morons over here in the US that had the idea that It can't happen here.

So in the end it was a good eye opener and reality check for people in the US.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Re: For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist

Originally posted by krupted

What i wanted to ask was, whats this life to you? do you take this like a matrix type deal, or are we really here for a plausible reason?

For some reason i like to lean on the idea that not much of this is very real, too many variables and somehow holding steady, barely, but were hanging in there.

I believe many people forget, or overlook the fact that this place we are trown into is something straight from the wizard of oz. to me this place is fukcin nuts

anyone with me or the rest of you just gonna burn in hell? j/k
    We definitely still have a long way to go to understand why everything is here, and how it all works. Like most of you guys I tend to look for a scientific explanation to it all, I'm afraid I just can't get my head around the idea of some grand architect or creator. The problem with that argument is - who created the creator?

I recently read a cool book called 'The Universe Next Door' , it has some pretty cool theories in it. One thing that scientists have shown is that if they create two electrons, they can then separate them by any distance and reverse the spin of one of them. When they do this, the spin of the other electron changes at exactly the same time - even if they were at opposite ends of the universe. So there must be something linking them, a kind of ghostly cat 5 network cable, maybe

It's a fascinating book, and has loads of stuff like that which makes you realise how little we still know about the universe, despite the efforts of Hawking, Einstein, Heisenberg, etc.

To be honest, I don't think we'll ever fully understand how (or, more importantly, why) everything began.

As for where humanity is headed, I hate to sound pessimistic but we're overdue for an Ice age, a supervolcano and probably a collision with a rock the size of Texas!! I think we'll be around for a few thousand years yet but the insects and bacteria will be around millions of years after we're extinct.

What do you reckon happens when we die? I reckon the lights just go out, but then I do kinda believe in ghosts as well !!

edit: just noticed on Google that there are a number of books called 'The Universe Next Door' - the one I read was by Marcus Chown
    Last edited by dannyboy27; April 30th, 2005 at 01:59 PM.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

I don't really know what happens when we die for sure, but then again NOBODY else does either for sure.

I like to look at what the scientists have to say too.

But then I believe they have proven that Ghosts are real with plenty of documentation to that fact, so who knows.

Alot of weird stuff has happened over lets say the past 7000 years or so and has been documented here and there, but it is hard to say and prove if it is true or not.

Look at the 4 Horsemen.....They Raped, Killed, burned for they say thousands of years......If it is true, but even the Bible has scripture on them so who knows.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

Originally posted by Richard R.
    Well not meaning to crap on the subject. But there is a reason, and it is all written down. Check out the Bible sometime, really check it out. From beiginning to end, then read it again. There really isn't a need to wonder about anything, it's all written right in that book what it's all about, been about, and will be about.

Enough said !!
    I know it is and believe everything in it to be true.

But then I have faith.

But lets Try and keep the thread as the OP wanted it to be.

Ive heard/read accounts of senior military people, russian ww2 general Konjev being one of them, hinting towards ghost battles being fought, so to speak.

What they felt is, when walking the field where major battle was fought, they got visions of event still being there, almost like those battles would have been cought in some sort of time bubble.

Many historians know of similar feelings when researching old battles.

My thinking on the subject is, time is by no means a linear affair, but rather a multi directional force binding us all together and at the same time keeping us all apart.

One can probably travel in time like one travels in 3D space we know and this is where the ghost phenomena comes from IMO.

This is also why I am much less dimsissive of "old" knowledge gathered by now ancient coltures.
    For example I was always intrigued by the native american idea of listening to the wind, so to stay connected to their ancestors.
    Whereas certain east Aisan coltures took that one step further and made their houses right above graves of their dead relatives.
    There is also phenomena of highly evolved and little understood coltures of south America where Maya for example built their momental structures so to transcend time and Inca built their whole empire around the idea of stopping the time itself.
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; April 30th, 2005 at 03:45 PM.

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    Originally posted by krupted
    well, the first thing i noted was that this isnt for those who are kind to religon, and the title should be enough to keep you from even looking in this thread. Please, no crapping, if you want to start an 'i love jesus' thread, go ahead. and no i wont pass it on to a guy making fun of me.
    No your title didn't say much. The laws in the US say you are not to be bias against some one because of their race or religion.

The only people I have ever known that have pushed their point(their religion) onto me were these so called atheists. I don't push my religion on anyone but I am not going to listen to some one who is religiously ****** speak ill of religion.

I want to keep all conformitist religion blah crap out of this discussion if possible, please start another thread for your stuff if so.

What i wanted to ask was, whats this life to you? do you take this like a matrix type deal, or are we really here for a plausible reason?

For some reason i like to lean on the idea that not much of this is very real, too many variables and somehow holding steady, barely, but were hanging in there.

I believe many people forget, or overlook the fact that this place we are trown into is something straight from the wizard of oz. to me this place is fukcin nuts

anyone with me or the rest of you just gonna burn in hell?
    I don't think this place is nutz. It has a very clear purpose. But like Curly from the movie "City Slickers" said you have to find out what that one purpose in life is and no one else can find it for you. My observation is that you have not found it yet.

Religion.. grrr.. hate it so much.
    This is as bad as being racist. You hate people of faith?

Edited by jankerson to remove comments about racism

Edited by Shinma

*chuckle*

Now that last post was almost amusing.

I'm tempted to wade in.
    Shall I?
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Originally posted by Shinma
    *chuckle*

Now that last post was almost amusing.

I'm tempted to wade in.
    Shall I?

Sure why not, I did.

Edited by jankerson for personal attacks on another member

Originally posted by F_A_L_C_O_N
    Ive heard/read accounts of senior military people, russian ww2 general Konjev being one of them, hinting towards ghost battles being fought, so to speak.

What they felt is, when walking the field where major battle was fought, they got visions of event still being there, almost like those battles would have been cought in some sort of time bubble.

Many historians know of similar feelings when researching old battles.

My thinking on the subject is, time is by no means a linear affair, but rather a multi directional force binding us all together and at the same time keeping us all apart.

One can probably travel in time like one travels in 3D space we know and this is where the ghost phenomena comes from IMO.

This is also why I am much less dimsissive of "old" knowledge gathered by now ancient coltures.
    For example I was always intrigued by the native american idea of listening to the wind, so to stay connected to their ancestors.
    Whereas certain east Aisan coltures took that one step further and made their houses right above graves of their dead relatives.
    There is also phenomena of highly evolved and little understood coltures of south America where Maya for example built their momental structures so to transcend time and Inca built their whole empire around the idea of stopping the time itself.
    yeah there are many such stories of 'time slips' , often involving old battles as you say.

The time travel idea is certainly plausible, as we have already shown that time travel into the future is possible, albeit only by tiny amounts at present. The combination of microgravity and the high speed which they are travelling at means that the astronauts on Mir and the ISS gain a few fractions of a second over people on earth - as predicted by Relativity.

Dowsing (aka water divining) is another example of something which undoubtedly works, even though we still have no idea how. There must be some unseen force of attraction between the water and either the dowsing rod or the dowser himself.

It would be a shame to lose touch with all these ancient arts/skills as we become ever more dependent on technology (says me, sat in front of my TFT monitor and 64 bit processor )
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

it's to bad for either side when they have to revert to a personal attack to get their point across.

I am neither, I ride the pine still looking for what is right in this world. I see valid points in both views, BUT then It's only perspectives were looking at.

Edited By jankerson to remove quoted personal attack
    Visit Us at OTCENTRAL.COM
    or
    XIBASE.COM

I will shut down this thread if I see one more personal attack on another member

Keep it friendy or it will be locked or Deleted.

I second that motion.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information