For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist

Hybrid View

For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist

I want to keep all religious ideology(s), deity(s) and affiliation(s) out of this discussion where possible.
    This thread is intended to explore alternative lifestyles without religion!

Please start your own thread for discussions in theology, religions, cannon law...

What i wanted to ask was, whats this life to you? do you take this like a matrix type deal, or are we really here for a plausible reason?

For some reason i like to lean on the idea that not much of this is very real, too many variables and somehow holding steady, barely, but were hanging in there.

I believe many people forget, or overlook the fact that this place we are trown into is something straight from the wizard of oz. to me this place is ******' nuts

anyone with me or the rest of you just gonna burn in hell? j/k

EDITED: For grammar and clarification with full knowledge/permission of thread starter.
    - Shinma
    Last edited by krupted; May 4th, 2005 at 12:25 AM.

If you really want to know...

Life ended for me on 9/11; now I just exist. I saw so many horrible events that day I just wanna...well. And before Mr. Religion gets his 2 cents in here, yes, I was down there working...

At least JD is my friend now; he keeps evil at bay...
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

Religion.. grrr.. hate it so much.

plausible reason? lol dunno i still don't see how but take it day by day and enjoy it to the fullest, might be ya only chance i guess.
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

oh i dont know if i enjoy life the same way as many, but i do have my times

9/11 was horrific, there is not even a movie that has tried a scale of hell like that. but in a sense i think history is just repeating itself, we are destined to destroy eachother.

at least until we as a whole earth realize we dont know why we are here, and we never will. Too many people i believe get too used to life, they tell themselves a reason for them to be here and they simply accept that. Not only that, they will do many things to protect what they know.

Religon would be fine, if everyone accepted the same one and we all believed it. But with the hundreds that there are, all we did was make a worldwide street-gang turf war.

I make these similies a lot but its a lot like the war on drugs, if we could get rid of the law that restricts, crime would much less exist. If we could get rid of all these crazy religous ideas and accept that we just dont know, we could focus on making our lives better instead of killing ourselves.

911 wasn't anymore horrific than what has happened in past century's over war, inquisitions etc., pillaging, raping and murder of countless thousands or millions of people. In this day most people live like we do and to be able to see it live brought it home to millions around the world whereas in past centuries if you lived 500 or a 1000 miles from destruction it wouldn't hit home til it came to your doorstep and bit you. A good reason to fight the fight on the terrorists turf than wait for it to get here as liberals would prefer, pretty sick bunch.

Religion had to start somewhere cause we always need to look to some father figure to guide us and of course we looked a little higher. In the course of getting it rite different people had different ways of looking at it but when it comes to god its the same thing whatever you call it, believing in the messenger of god is another story.

I am still checking out how deep the rabbit hole goes and so far, probably, barely left the surface

One think I am constantly trying to keep in mind is some things are simply beyond my current comprehansion.
    So I basically keep mental notes and hopefully one day I am able to see the bigger picture

As for historic importance of certain events.
    I am affraid they barely have any significance.
    History, even modern history, is written by conquers and as such gives little importance to true facts of life, but rather concentrates on what constitutes the integral part of current propaganda. All driven not so much by conspiracy, as by profit and greed.
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; April 29th, 2005 at 09:03 PM.

i hear that, and for that, thank god for drugs

I live in the present, don't dwell on the past because if you live in the past you might miss something that happens today.

The past is old news, look at what is happening today and try and make everyday a good one.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Originally posted by rangeral
    911 wasn't anymore horrific than what has happened in past century's over war, inquisitions etc., pillaging, raping and murder of countless thousands or millions of people.

Yep I agree. It happened as did all the wars over the past thousands of years. That is in the past, old news, time to move on and live in the present.

In this day most people live like we do and to be able to see it live brought it home to millions around the world whereas in past centuries if you lived 500 or a 1000 miles from destruction it wouldn't hit home til it came to your doorstep and bit you. A good reason to fight the fight on the terrorists turf than wait for it to get here as liberals would prefer, pretty sick bunch.

Yeah we really need to do something about the terrorists, what the real answer is I don't know.

Religion had to start somewhere cause we always need to look to some father figure to guide us and of course we looked a little higher. In the course of getting it rite different people had different ways of looking at it but when it comes to god its the same thing whatever you call it, believing in the messenger of god is another story.
    Yes everyone believes in something, no matter what religion they are, just don't push it on everyone else because they don't think the same way.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    A "I hate religion thread."

Wonderful, loving, and cute. Pass the bong.

well, the first thing i noted was that this isnt for those who are kind to religon, and the title should be enough to keep you from even looking in this thread. Please, no crapping, if you want to start an 'i love jesus' thread, go ahead. and no i wont pass it on to a guy making fun of me.

Originally posted by krupted
    well, the first thing i noted was that this isnt for those who are kind to religon, and the title should be enough to keep you from even looking in this thread. Please, no crapping, if you want to start an 'i love jesus' thread, go ahead. and no i wont pass it on to a guy making fun of me.
    There are some valid points against religion.

But then everyone has their opinion.

I am a Christian for the record, but I don't push what I believe on others.

Originally posted by jankerson
    I am a Christian for the record, but I don't push what I believe on others.
    Thank you jankerson. I wish there were more people like you.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

Originally posted by Huge
    Thank you jankerson. I wish there were more people like you.
    No Problem, I wish there was more people like me too, but it seems there are more who do push it too hard...I can't stand those people....

Thread Information