Thread: Fanboi

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone

Fanboi

Not only do we have

Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge

and

AMD vs. Intel

fanboys

But I have been finding out on other forums we also have cable vs. DSL fanbois. Then we can go even further and we then have modem choice "CISCO vs. world" fanboi.

Amazing.

I never knew that one person could have had so many perfect choices in life.

Well you know everyone is different, just think how boring the world would be if we all thought the same.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Originally posted by jankerson
    Well you know everyone is different, just think how boring the world would be if we all thought the same.
    Jankerson that is my point.

The fanboi goes as far to put down anothers choice in product. They think every one should like their choice and buy their choice of product no matter what cause it is the absolute best and no one nada should buy or use anything different.

Originally posted by ol' man
    Jankerson that is my point.

The fanboi goes as far to put down anothers choice in product. They think every one should like their choice and buy their choice of product no matter what cause it is the absolute best and no one nada should buy or use anything different.
    Yeah I have seen that too, no here so much lately as things have calmed down alot.

What I don't like to see (As A Mod) is when someone is asking about parts to build a new system (And they want to go with Intel) and we get 10 posts recommending AMD stuff.

All that does is confuse the issue and the person who started the thread.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

I think the fanboism is still lurking. You know the kind that bring up every good thing about "product A" and bring up every bad thing about product "I". Product "A" never has anything wrong with it. To them product "I" could never do anthing right.

I think the fanboism is still lurking. You know the kind that bring up every good thing about "product A" and bring up every bad thing about product "I". Product "A" never has anything wrong with it. To them product "I" could never do anthing right.

Well that is always gonna happen, it's just human nature I guess.

Alot of people don't have open minds when it comes to certian things.

I try and keep an open mind and look at all the facts then make my choice based on Logic and common sense.

We all have our opinions and I have mine as well, everyone here knows what I like and that will never change.

But I for one don't try and push my Choices on others unless they ask my opinion.

I really don't care if people like AMD or Intel, I remain open minded.

For the record:

I like:

• Intel CPU's And Chip Sets
    • Abit Motherboards
    • Seagate Hard drives
    • Plextor Burners
    • Dell laptops
    • ATI Graphics Cards
    • SCSI Hard Drives
    • Quiet PC's
    • Creative Labs Sound Cards

Well that is always gonna happen, it's just human nature I guess.
    I disagree. If this was human nature then we would still be swinging from trees.

The first cromagnon that said

"Hey, we should maybe go take a walk today. How about that."

"No", they would reply,

"we have been swinging from trees for millions of years. There cannot be anything better. You are an idiot for thinking so."

"The oak tree twig is best for pulling grubs out of holes in the tree too they say"

The first cromagnon then climbs from the tree despite the other mokeys and finds grubs under a rock. Like hundreds of them. The other monkeys see this yet think pulling grubs from hioles in the tree is better even though it requires more work.

Ironically I don't think the above happened. It is not human nature to be a fanboi.

It is really Alot of people Like certian things and they seem to think that their ideas are the best above all others.

It really doesn't matter what subject either, it could be anything from color to politics to what brand of socks they like.

It's a control issue really, I have met people who try and control everything around them, there are alot of them out there too.

It's something we all have to deal with, we really don't have a choice, I just don't pay them any mind and don't let them get to me.

Thats life..

It is really Alot of people Like certian things and they seem to think that their ideas are the best above all others.

It really doesn't matter what subject either, it could be anything from color to politics to what brand of socks they like.

It's a control issue really, I have met people who try and control everything around them, there are alot of them out there too.

It's something we all have to deal with, we really don't have a choice, I just don't pay them any mind and don't let them get to me.

Thats life..
    Yeah but not everyone. In the corporate world you have to understand which is going to work out better in a given situation. Look at Carly Fiorina. She was too closed minded. Now she is looking for a job.

it could be anything from color to politics
    Fanboism is at its worst when it chooses a religion or a political orientation.

Yeah but not everyone. In the corporate world you have to understand which is going to work out better in a given situation. Look at Carly Fiorina. She was too closed minded. Now she is looking for a job.
    Oh I know, they always get whats coming to them in the end.

Everything that goes around comes around.

Originally posted by DanceMan
    Fanboism is at its worst when it chooses a religion or a political orientation.
    Oh yeah, more Wars have been started over religion than all the other reasons combined.

It is funny though, alot of it.

if people would just step back and really think for themselves about alot of things, not letting any outside sources sway them in any way this world would be alot better place to live in.

Like I said.

Common Sense and Logic.

Oh yeah, more Wars have been started over religion than all the other reasons combined.
    This is as bad as saying the devil made me do it.

I think you will find money and property is involved more often so than religion. They use religion as the excuse for the war but the end product is that they get control of property, land, money etc...

But the devil made me do it.

Thread Information