Looking for new capture card
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Looking for new capture card

Looking for new capture card

Hi Guys I am looking for a new capture card. I cap my video in a program call VirtualDub, in RAW AVI format then I encode it to MPG. THe thing is I need a card that will allow me to cap in avi high resolution such as 640*480. My current one only allows 320*240 in avi.

If anyone can make any suggestions it would greatly be appreciated!

I think ATI TV Wonders Pro can do that. They could do DVD, VCD, SVCD, AVI, WMV, and MPEG-4, but it does not work in my Philips DVP642 that plays DivX, Xvid, and MPEG-4 for some reason (it plays for a little bit but looses the sound after a bit. The other formats seem to work well and there is a ton of bit rates, FPS, and resolutions to choose too. It is also a TV tuner and if you want the bundle some with their nice Ramote Wonders.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

I Might try that one, I just don't wanna get it and it not do what i want it to do.

Thread Information