My opinion. Thread crapping in the for sale.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: My opinion. Thread crapping in the for sale.

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone

My opinion. Thread crapping in the for sale.

I remember when I first came here 4 years ago if someone put a price on something and someone else said,

"I can get it cheaper here...."

"I can find that on ebay cheaper here...."

"You are not going to sell it for that price..."

etc........

It was considered thread crapping.

I thought common eTiquette was to pm the person if you were disatisfied with their prices or you had a suggestion.

It seems to be going on quite alot around here lately.

This isn't the only website too.

This may be one of the reasons the for sale forum is moving about as fast as mollasses in January.
    Last edited by ol' man; April 12th, 2005 at 03:18 AM.

I just don't have anything to sell right now.

Actually, I am considering putting up a few mobile HDs here shortly. Other than that, all I have is an old K62 combo, which is hardly worth shipping.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Thread moved.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

So you moved the thread.

Now what are you going to do about it or are you going to keep allowing thread crapping in peoples for sale posts?

ol' man, I generally agree with you about not allowing it. But since it's not in the rules then it's not against the rules....
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

Originally posted by Steve R Jones
    ol' man, I generally agree with you about not allowing it. But since it's not in the rules then it's not against the rules....
    It used to be a rule and was not allowed.

When I first started here the for sale forum would have about 1 page of traffic every day about at least.

Now we are strugling to have 1 page per month.

Just my opinion: thread crapping should be avoided as a simple common courtesy to everyone. Send the person a PM or keep your opinion to yourself. If someone is willing to buy it at the stated price, that is their choice. Buyer beware...

As for the traffic in the FS forum, I haven't been here to long, but have noticed a decline in posts since I joined. I just think that people have moved to forums like Aanandtech and HardOCP to do their trading, as the mods there have the time to handle trolls and such...

And I say let'em go there for their trading and come to us when that POS used item you bought from some clown isn't working right and you need some technical support!!!
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

Originally posted by ol' man
    So you moved the thread.

Now what are you going to do about it or are you going to keep allowing thread crapping in peoples for sale posts?

The very thing that permits them to "crap" permits you to "crap".

It's quite amusing,
    There is another thread of members complaining of moderators being too strict.
    The very reverse is being stated here.

So to be fair to everyone and reminder of the usual process,

If you have a complaint with a specific post/thread that contravenes AUP,
    You can contact any of the administrators or moderators.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

The strictness is in the wrong areas. IMO the For Sale forum has the potential for the most non-HWC traffic. We're talking hits by anons as well as AUP violating solicitations/Spam. Less time and attention to detail should be spent on threads where the topic should maybe be moved to another forum because it might be slightly more pertinent in that forum. Or simply locking threads with the potential to violate the AUP. Hell, half the threads in the CPUs forum in the last two months (coincidentally since people have been getting their hands on Dothans) have a HIGH potential to violate the AUP. If you concentrate your defenses in one area, you're just gonna get it up the rear where you have nothing- my analogy to the For Sale forum.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Hell, half the threads in the CPUs forum in the last two months (coincidentally since people have been getting their hands on Dothans) have a HIGH potential to violate the AUP.

Did I miss something somewhere??

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

The CPUs forum has been the most volatile (well as close as you can get to volatile at HWC) forum since OT was killed. Even in the days of OT it could get pretty heated in there. I wasn't referring to the same types of AUP violations that occur when someone says they're using a burned Windows CD, but rather personal attacks. Its been pretty dead in there lately now that all the 'Dothan' has been beaten out of the forum.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Originally posted by wrathchild_67
    The CPUs forum has been the most volatile (well as close as you can get to volatile at HWC) forum since OT was killed. Even in the days of OT it could get pretty heated in there. I wasn't referring to the same types of AUP violations that occur when someone says they're using a burned Windows CD, but rather personal attacks. Its been pretty dead in there lately now that all the 'Dothan' has been beaten out of the forum.

Yeah you have a point, as it seems to get pretty heated sometimes.

Remember the Video card Forum back in the Day......Now that got heated.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

I was just saying that I thought there used to be a better sticky for the for sale. Now it is like only 2 sentences about trading and having a real price posted.

Rich Guest
    Testing

Thread Information