WHAT 3D VIDEO CARD DO I USE
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: WHAT 3D VIDEO CARD DO I USE

WHAT 3D VIDEO CARD DO I USE

I have a Pentium 200 4MG RAM, and about 2yr.old. Iam running window95. I was wondering what 3D video card would work best for my system. I have been lookin at Monster Fusion PCI 16MB,Real 3D Starfighter 24MB,3D blaster Banshee PCI 16MB, and Viper V550. I have read some people have trouble running Viper V550. I want to get the best for my money, and not get to much for my system. I need help! THANKS

i recommend either the STB v4400 or the Creative labs TnT. I have a p200mmx with a STB v4400 pci and it roxx. The card costs about 120~130 (http://www.buycomp.com)

Am i misinterpreting or what, 4Mb RAM on a 2yr Pentium 200 system?!!! I hope you mean the RAM on your video card otherwise it wont' matter what video card you're getting, you're not running any games.
    Of course I'll assume it's video memory. In which case I don't care either. For you, go with any of the 2D/3D PCI combo cards. They're all cheap and very good. Obviously it's not going to be something like an Obsidian but they'll run the games all pretty good for a 200. TNT's are better for the high, high end PII's. Not to mention TNT's AGP are far better suited to AGP than they are PCI.
    Happy hunting.

Im sorry, but my pII 266 is not high end, and it runs fps faster than single voodoo2, and almost as fast as dual voodoo2, with way better image quality.

TnT is not the wrong choice for a p200, you'll get better performance with this than a banshee or a g200. A voodoo2, would probably get better frame rates, but 1 voodoo2 is limited to 800x600 resolution, and 16 bit is the max color in 3d games.

People keep saying the TnT sucks for low end cpu's, but none of the people I have seen say this actually own this board. There are several people on this board that use TnT with lower than a pII 233 with excellent results. The TnT just scales better than other cards. The faster you processor, the faster you frame rates, but you will still get good enough frame rates on a P200.
    Sometimes I wonder...

Thread Information