Linking Riva TNT and ATI All-in-Wonder
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Linking Riva TNT and ATI All-in-Wonder

Linking Riva TNT and ATI All-in-Wonder

I just bought a Creative Graphics w/ Riva TNT 16 meg AGP. Will it work with my existing ATI All-in-Wonder Pro PCI 8 meg? I still want to be able to use my ATI TV capabilities. How do I get them to work together? Thanks for any input.

piledrvr

You can't have both cards working together. This is because the RIVA is a 2d/3d card, thus handling all graphics. You will have to choose either one, but not both.

Well, for your TV output, you'll just have to abandon it, or return the Creative card and get one with TV uoput from either STB or Diamond.

But in my point of view, TV output is not really important feature. Which would you rather sacrifice, TV output or fast #D graphis? The choice is yours, but if i were you, i would defintely ditch the ATI card for the RIVA

I'd simply return the Creative GB TNT and get a Diamond or STB TNT card if you want the S-Video out for TV. I believe the prices are all comparable at this point. Good Luck.

thanks for the help, guys. not sure what i'm gonna do, but at least now i know more about my options.

piledrvr

Chanse Guest
    You should be able to run both cards if you're running 98.

Thread Information