Playing game from hard drive
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Playing game from hard drive

Playing game from hard drive

I copied a game (Far Cry) from my dvd over to my hd and tried to play it from there so it would speed up play but it still asks for the dvd. I thought there was a way to point it to the location on my hd. Any ideas on how to do this?
    Thanks
    Share on Google+

You have to make the game think that it is a disc by mounting the image with a virtual drive program, and then that disc image has to have a completely flawless imitation of the copy protection used on the disc. Unless you have a CD burner or DVD drive that is capable of ripping copy protection bit for bit (all recent Lite-On drives can do this), then you're better off finding a no CD crack. Two words: mega games. Now if you combine those two words into one and search for it, you should find what you're looking for.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience
    Share on Google+

yeah the game cracks work nice, i always do a full installation anyways and i hate having to swap cd's

i wish more games would just run without the cd- or at least run on a backup like the second patch to gta3 let you....
    Share on Google+

Post edited By jankerson
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    Share on Google+

Just want to note that it is illegal to deal with copied games and these cracks only work for original games with their oem serial keys.
    Share on Google+

You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.

You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.

Thread closed.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats
    Share on Google+

Thread Information