Must See TV?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Must See TV?

Hybrid View

Must See TV?

This should probably be at least two threads for U.S. versus U.K./Europe members, but I'll start with one: Does anybody have any "appointment television" favorites or shows you make an effort to see each week? Any dark, secret confessions that you're hooked on "CSI" or "The Sopranos" or "Desperate Housewives"?

Me: "The West Wing" (NBC) up until a year or two ago, but not any more; "MI-5" (politically correct American title of BBC's "Spooks"); "House" (Fox). And of course "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

Eric

I like CSI and Lost.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

I've got 300+ channels of absolutely nothing I'd make an effort to see. The missus and Mum like to browse, maybe watch the local news from Manitoba. Personally, I'd chuck the lot out the nearest window. It would at least give me room for another bookcase.
    You can talk about "that" here

Remember that guy your mom warned you about? I beat the snot outta him.

FAMILY GUY
    New Southpark
    The Office
    Malcolm in the Middle
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

American Idol

Desperate Housewives (for obvious reasons )

Boston Legal

Top Gear
    also like to watch wheeler dealers

thats about it, sometimes some of the american programs such as a bike is born or american chopper is ok.
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

ER
    Desperate Housewives
    The O.C.
    Top Gear
    Nevermind The Buzzc0cks
    Mind, Body & Kick A$$ Moves
    Anthing to do with newschool skiing

Has anybody seen the US version of The Office yet? There was a free episode available for a while. Quite funny - not in the same league as the original but much better than I thought it'd be.

Originally posted by MuFu
    Has anybody seen the US version of The Office yet? There was a free episode available for a while. Quite funny - not in the same league as the original but much better than I thought it'd be.
    no ive never seen that, or even heard of it?

i know they make an american version of top gear as i know a guy that went to see it being filmed and he had already watched it on tv but they just change words like boot to trunk, and accelerator to gas pedal etc
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

chcr is offline lemme offa this ride!!!!!
    Must See TV?
    None such exists, IMO. That said, I usually catch CSI (the original, the spin-offs are crap) and I don't mind sitting through any of the Law and Order shows. Other that that I like shows about cutting edge science (Nova is frequently pretty good) and woodworking.

Martin_89, sorry to disagree, but IMO watching someone else build a chopper is almost as exciting as watching paint dry.
    (Note that my lovely wife feels exactly the same way about woodworking shows.)

Edited for general stupidity.
    Things equal to other things are not necessarily the same.

well because we dont get choppers or any crazy things like that over here i enjoy watching it.

wow i guess im on the outside

lately Becker is my favorite- i never liked ted danson but that show is great

also mxc , monster garage, south park, daily show, the bulls and soon to be cubs, conan o brien (the best show host ever)

i can also watch the csi vagas series when im really messed up, same goes with billiards pool on espn2

Originally posted by Martin_89
    no ive never seen that, or even heard of it?
    Second episode free promo: http://www.myspace.com/theoffice

Some commentaries:

And though it grates to admit it, the American version of ''The Office'' is very funny -- for viewers who never saw the original series on BBC America.

Luckily for NBC, which bought the rights to the British comedy, only a relatively small number of viewers in the United States have seen the BBC version. Those happy few should try to erase every trace from their brains -- Eternal Sunshine of the Digital Cable Mind -- because the NBC series, though it pales in comparison, is still funnier than any other new network sitcom.
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...50C0A9639C8B63
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Mar23.html

I only caught on to The West Wing when it was on Bravo, and I watched the first five seasons back to back. I was hooked, in a big way. But once Aaron Sorkin left, it's been going downhill. I still watch every Wednesday at 7pm though, hoping for a glimmer of what it used to be.

I've watched a few American Choppers. To me, it's more about the family (family fights) and the biker lifesytle.

I did see The Office the other night, it was ok. I think they need to hit their groove. The manager guy was pretty funny, he was the guy in Bruce Almighty. I almost peed my pants during that scene where Jim Carey was making him talk gibberish on camera. Best part of the movie.

Other than that, there's Gardening by the Yard with Paul James (met him last year, a really nice guy), Bravo's Inside the Actor's Studio, reruns of Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond.
    ~Trish~

http://www.greenfreak.net

Originally posted by greenfreak
    I did see The Office the other night, it was ok. I think they need to hit their groove. The manager guy was pretty funny, he was the guy in Bruce Almighty. I almost peed my pants during that scene where Jim Carey was making him talk gibberish on camera. Best part of the movie.
    I've never laughed so hard in my life, it was ridiculous. There were people almost crying in the cinema.

That scene alone was worth the price of renting it.
    ~Trish~

http://www.greenfreak.net

Thread Information