Pope may need feeding tube
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Pope may need feeding tube

Pope may need feeding tube

Good thing he's protected by the vatican

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/rssstory.mpl/front/3106365

I could see that lawyer felos wanting to pull all his tubes since he's got a breathing tube as well. Now this guy is full of himself expounding all kinds of grandiose lines with his new found fame.

come on, you think he, a spiritual religious dude, want to be kept alive by artificial machines? in a vegitative state at that?

That also brings up that fact that a Pope can't just retire before a new pope can be chosen,so do you remove the means that are keeping him alive so a new Pope can be named or stay with a Pope-on-a-rope.

*I am so going to Hades for that one

Ha, good one wonderin plus true. Before this latest event with the food swallowing a psychic priest predicted he would get worse and have to be hidden for around 8mos to pick a new pope, sounds like he's on track.

If he's really in that bad of shape, let the man die. Show him that much respect. He's going to a better place and he knows it. Let him go.

And before anyone criticizes me for saying that, let me mention that my mother wasted away from cancer and died less than a month ago at age 49. I know first hand that in that state, there is no privacy, no modesty, and he'll be relying entirely on others for basic bodily functions. I guarantee you he doesn't like the embarrassment of needing someone to sit him up on a toilet. Assuming he's not stuck using a bed-pan.

I'm a Christian, but not Catholic, but still I have respect for the man for being a spiritual leader. The people taking care of him need to do the same.
    "Guns Kill People."
    If that's true, then I guess it's my pencil that makes spelling mistakes.

Sorry for your loss sky, my mother lives in your town.

I would imagine a man in his position would have made plans about what to do with him, believe its important to a pope to make sure a new qualified successor is put in place.

Originally posted by rangeral

I would imagine a man in his position would have made plans about what to do with him, believe its important to a pope to make sure a new qualified successor is put in place.

The Church votes among the Senior Cardinals who will be the next Pope when the time comes.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

There are more shades of gray in this issue than people watching CNN might realize. I've heard a Jesuit expert on bioethics interviewed who did not support the Shindler family's position. And apparently the Vatican issued a similar statement.
    The Pope is not brain dead.

Thread Information