Name your tipple - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Name your tipple

There is a Bermuda dark rum called Black Seal. A jigger of that over the rocks with a squeeze of lime (to keep the scurvy away, of course) and, if you feel so inclined, a splash of tonic (for malaria, naturally). A great cooling summer drink. It gets very hot here in the South.

It's the sugar, I think. Vodka seems to be the least debilitating the next day. Which makes sense, if ya think about it. The Russians needed an alcohol they could survive the frequent consumption of, because with their climate, how much else was there to DO?

I'm a wimp, a dissapointment to my Irish name. I don't like beer at all and go for "fruity drinks". Malibu+pineapple, Sex on the Beach, Bay Breeze, Sea Breeze.

I generally don't like tasting my alcohol. Which is why I don't drink much.
    ~Trish~

http://www.greenfreak.net

chcr is offline lemme offa this ride!!!!!
    Originally posted by krupted
    just social drinking would be budweiser, even that new bud select is alright, although it is a very very light beer

if i plain wanna get hammerd i go with 1:1 jack and coke, it doesnt take long

Tsk. If you really want to get hammered, the coke is just slowing you down. Hell, the glass is just slowing you down.
    Things equal to other things are not necessarily the same.

Very simple here....a couple a fingers of 16 yr old single malt scotch (The Balvenie please) and a splash is all I need

Paul
    ....my get-up-and-go musta got up and went....

I haven't drank in like 19 years. If someone would, please go get an Abita beer and drink it for me. It is brewed here in my home town, but since I don't drink anymore I didn't get an opportunity to taste one. LOL

Richard R.,

I don't drink either so don't feel bad.

Think of it as a good thing, more money to spend on computer parts.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

I hear ya yank !

Besides the parts, I get to feel better to if you know what I mean. No more hang overs and I always know where I am nowadays. LOL

Originally posted by Richard R.
    I hear ya yank !

Besides the parts, I get to feel better to if you know what I mean. No more hang overs and I always know where I am nowadays. LOL

Oh yeah Been down that road too....

Not fun at all, I haven't had a drink in 17 years, quit when I was 23.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

not old enough yet to get into pubs or clubs so its just a couple of cans with the mates in someones house, always does the trick
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Asahi; Kronenbourg; Guinness; Southern Comfort; JD; Finlandia, Absolut, and Stolichnaya vodkas...

If on a cheap night: Fosters, Carling, John Smiths (ave it).

Stella Artois - Never. Ugh... just ugh
    A64 3200+ Venice | XP-120 | 1024MB GeIL Ultra PC4000 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi Radeon X800 XL 256MB | 2x 250GB Maxtor DM+10 (RAID-0) | LG Flatron L1710B | 1999 Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.5 V6

"Oh Lord, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference."

Originally posted by Martin_89
    not old enough yet to get into pubs or clubs so its just a couple of cans with the mates in someones house, always does the trick
    There's only so much Baked Beans you can eat though.

I'll throw in a couple of suggestions:

The every popular Margharita, preferably with Anejo Patron Tequila (less of a hangover the next day).

My other favorite summertime drink is Bombay Saphire and grapefruit juice. If you are thinking your stomach won't hurt the next day, think again. I never realized what a truly sour stomach was until after consuming 11 of these one night... ugh!
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

Originally posted by egrevstad
    does anybody have a favorite light beer?
    Light on what? Down here "light beer" is low alcohol, but I remember hearing somewhere that "light beer" in the US is the diet version.

I'm mostly a beer person (Coopers). Even went half-way down Manhattan to get a Pale Ale when I was travelling.
    Last edited by Tuttle; March 30th, 2005 at 08:33 AM.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

I like Nastro and Tiger but I'll take whatever's going to be honest.

Thread Information