viper v550
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: viper v550

viper v550

any one who has a AMD K6 3DNOW should think twice before buying the viper550.i've sent 2 weeks trying to make it work,thinking it was my system.i installed it on a pentium 300 and it worked great.i installed a matrox g200 on mine it ran great.it freezes on the amd unless you go in to control panel and slow grapics down.games like blood2 and half life a jerky,running the matrx i could run 1024x768x16 resolution and the game was fast.don't buy one if you use the amd

I had a few problems with my V550 until I got my bios settings correct and updated the AGP and miniport drivers to fix a problem with the MVP3/K62-300/Win98 and the AGP port...

Once you get it setup correctly it work just as reliably on the AMD chip as it does on an Intel chip. A lot of the problems are down to the Win9x operating system containing flakey drivers for motherboards with non-intel chipsets...always look for the lattest drivers and patches on the web sites of the motherboard manufacturer and chipset producer...

BBFN
    Dave

I had a few problems with my V550 until I got my bios settings correct and updated the AGP and miniport drivers to fix a problem with the MVP3/K62-300/Win98 and the AGP port...

Once you get it setup correctly it work just as reliably on the AMD chip as it does on an Intel chip. A lot of the problems are down to the Win9x operating system containing flakey drivers for motherboards with non-intel chipsets...always look for the lattest drivers and patches on the web sites of the motherboard manufacturer and chipset producer...

BBFN
    Dave

I have the same thing AMD k6-2 350 mhz with a viper 550 what exactly did you do to your bios settings to make the card perform better?? I already have the usb for win95 and the ali agp patch and updated drivers installed. the card is working good seems a bit slow in half life but nonetheless id like to know what you did tyo your bios im runnin an asus p5 thanks

Thread Information