K62-350 or PII-350 with TNT
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: K62-350 or PII-350 with TNT

K62-350 or PII-350 with TNT

I need to know which system will work best with any of the TNT video cards. As I've been reading this discussion group, it seems to me that the TNT cards(I want one) do not work so hot on the Super7 motherboards(configuration/chipset problems). I can get a PII350 for $250 over the K62-350.

1. Are there any problems with the PII and the TNT cards?? Is the TNT more compatible(less problems) with a PII setup?

2. Is 3Dnow a concern? If I decide to get the PII instead of the K6-2 will I be spending more money for a slower machine?

Additional components of the system will include SB Live Value, 64 MB ram, etc.
    Thanks in advance

It's not that TNT's won't work with K6's it's just that you need to devote a little more time and effort to find a few updates to get the hardware co-operating with each other.
    In terms of getting a K6 over a PII that's really just a preference. But if you get a K6 with a super 7 socket motherboard you're definitely going to be able to upgrade the CPU a lot cheaper with the K6-3's and so on. And in performance they're nearly identical. Just because the K6 3DNow instruction codes are as yet widely supported so it's back to how much you want to spend. K6 cheaper, PII a little more money. That's all.

Thread Information