TV-Out displaying a horizontal scrolling..wave thing?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TV-Out displaying a horizontal scrolling..wave thing?

TV-Out displaying a horizontal scrolling..wave thing?

Well, I just hooked up my tv to the TV-out (sig rig) and it's pretty much fine other than this 5 centimeter wave that stretches from the left edge to the right, and slowly scrolls from the bottom of the screen to the top of it, dissapearing there and re-appearing around 10 seconds later on the bottom, rinse and repeat.

It's not a black line or anything, it's litterally a wave, you know...imagine what a photoshop filter called a wave would do, like that, just...moving :P.

Thanks
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm Winchester
    2x512MB Crucial Ballistix DDR400 @ 201MHz, 2-2-2-8
    PCIe XFX GeForce 6800GT
    WD 160GB 7200RPM 8MB
    WD 80GB 7200RPM 8MB
    Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW-1633S
    ThermalRight XP-120

interferance

suggest you get better (usually thicker) and as short as possible, SVHS cable

Well, my S-Video cable has worked for me before without any problems, and as for it's length it's just barely reaching my TV as it is.

In addition, as of this morning, the entire picture now scrolls down the TV, sinking in to the bottom while at the same time appearing at the top, also they both scroll at the same speed so when the screen is scrolling down and the wave is scrolling up, the wave appears to be standing still, for some reason it is relative to the view and not to the TV itself.

It just doesn't seem like something a faulty cable would do, since the line always follows the exact same pattern, as does the screen scrolling, it doesn't just randomly jump up and down.

I was also told by someone on IRC (who left before I could reply) to try changing the refresh rate to 50hz instead of 60hz, yet I can't figure out how to get it to let me change it to anything but 60 for the TV.

Thanks though, anything else I can try?

EDIT: Dissconnected cable (as in, comcast) from the TV, and all is well. o_O
    Last edited by Brutus.IL; March 15th, 2005 at 04:42 AM.
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm Winchester
    2x512MB Crucial Ballistix DDR400 @ 201MHz, 2-2-2-8
    PCIe XFX GeForce 6800GT
    WD 160GB 7200RPM 8MB
    WD 80GB 7200RPM 8MB
    Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW-1633S
    ThermalRight XP-120

Thread Information