TNT & VoodooII pairing...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TNT & VoodooII pairing...

TNT & VoodooII pairing...

I recently finished putting together my own PC(P2 400, 128 PC-100 RAM, Win98) and I topped it off with a Creative TNT and am extremely pleased with its performance. I would like to throw on a cheap voodoo2 card to run my glide software, however. I have heard this setup is quite nice. Anyone have any suggestions on a cheap card? I'm not really looking to spend a whole lot, so if anyone knows of such a card, please fill me in. While I'm writing, anyone know of any downfalls to the setup? I'm not overly concerned with how one gets slightly better frame rates and picky stuff like that(the frames rates I'm posting right now are great). I'd just like to have a dedicated glide card to run that software. By the way, am I stupid for wanting to do this?

I have almost the same set up as you
    except I have a Diamond TNT and VOODOOII.

This is a great combo as you not only get to have a choice of which card to use for D3D but, as you said, can run GLIDE also.

Some D3D games look better on the TNT and others look best on the VII.

As Far as what VOODOO card to get, they`re all pretty much the same "reference design" so go for the cheapest or the Vendor you feel most comfortable with.

Go for it!!

Cool, thanks for the reply...so now, does anyone out there have the scoop on where to get a really cheap voodoo2 card? I'm not that interested in brand name, so throw out some ideas...thanks!

Thread Information