Upgrading my GF3 Ti200
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Upgrading my GF3 Ti200

Upgrading my GF3 Ti200

Hi there, I have a GF3 Ti200 which has served me well but Now that GTR racing is about to hit the UK shops, I need to put in something a bit more up for the Job!

Im not wanting to spend more than 150 so i know im not looking at anywhere near the top end..

What would u Guys reccommend ? i have seen some great reviews for the G6600GT cards.. which are right in my Price Bracket..

Any Suggestions Welcome...

Ps.. I have Nforce Chipset , so Not looking at any Non Geforce Products..

Ta

Paul.

Re: Upgrading my GF3 Ti200

Originally posted by Underclocker04
    Ps.. I have Nforce Chipset , so Not looking at any Non Geforce Products..
    That doesn't stop you buying a non-GF videocard but yes, the 6600GT is clearly the best choice in that price bracket.
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

To Answer your Question or query... Yes it does in my Eyes.. Ever since i went all Nvidia ive never had 1 Gaming Issue...

Back when i used to have Via and ATI... I had nothing but problems.....

Thats why i`ll Stick to Geforece and Nforce....

Paul..

Thanks for the Reply....

Just found out i need to upgrade my PSU as well (300w)

Ive got the 6600GT and its great, alough ive heard alot of people saying this only use Geforce cards on an Nforce chipset, and ok i understand what your saying but what was the last ATI card/Via chipset you used?

i had my 9600XT on the Nforce 2 and it was great.

but as MuFu said the 6600GT is the best and only choice really.

ive never even heard of GTR racing but a google search took me to its offical site and im downloading the demo, ill try it in the morning.
    Last edited by Martin_89; March 5th, 2005 at 08:02 PM.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Yes , I Must admit im talking about when Flight Sim 2002 Came out... That game hated the combination of my ATi Radeon and Via Chipset.. all Companys Involved (Ati,via & Microsoft) Blamed each other so i was left with a 49.99 purchase (flight sim 2002) that wouldnt run properly...

So when Nforce was Launched I was quick to Jump aboard, and I`ll Never go back.. Ive never had a rock Solid Computer as Good as this Combination...

As for GTR Racing.. If you`ve got the demo , Im sure you`ll Love it! its actually worth Downlaoding both Demo`s as their Both Different... also Grab the Spa Movie! some Awesome Shots in That! Its coming out March 11th in UK! (At Last!)

Its the most Incredible Racing Sim ever Made! But dont try and play it without a Wheel and Foot Pedals.. or at the very least a Joystick with a Throttle Control..

Hope you enjoy it!

Paul.

I've followed Simbin's work since they first started modding EA's F1 titles. It's always been a cut above retail driving games in terms of authenticity. Actually, one of our forum members, Gomez Addams was (and still might be) involved.

I would stick with your 300W PSU for now. If it's a reasonable quality unit you'll probably have no problems - can always upgrade if needs be.

Cheers MuFu was thinking of trying that but wasnt sure if it could damage anything... if the PSU wasnt up to the Job??

I have 2 Hard-disks, DVDRW,CDRW ... should there be enough juice left over? it is a Decent Case & PSU ..

Paul.

if its a good brand PSU then that should be ok then, because im running a pretty high power system on a good quality Enermax 350watt and its fine.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Thread Information