Need Help Please!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need Help Please!!!

Need Help Please!!!

I am having problems running game softwares with directx and 3d graphics. I recently purchased a Packard Bell comp. with a cyrix MII 300 processor and 32 mb of ram with an SiS 5597/5598 display card and a 1024 13" monitor. I need help from all of you comp. and graphics guru out there as no one can seem to help me with a problem. Whenever I run a game software with directx such as the f/a-18e csf all the image or graphics shrinks that it appears into 3 small segments on the screen. The game does not crash but it is unplayable as the image is so small and again divided into 3 tiny screens. I need to know what to do or buy to fix this problems. I honestly don't know much about graphic drivers and accelarators so I need your help and expertise with this problem. I have spoken to a bunch of people including the technicians from the game manufacturer about this problem but they can't seem to come up with an answer. Do I need to change my display driver, purchase an accelarator card or just what is the best thing for me to do, what do I need to upgrade?...I am hoping that someone out there can help me..This maybe just a small problem for anyone to fix or answer. Thank you very much and hope to hear from someone soon.
    Very frustrated,

Robmeister

[This message has been edited by robmeister (edited 12-26-98).]

[This message has been edited by robmeister (edited 12-26-98).]
    ROBMEISTER

You definetly need a new vid card. That SiS chipset is an old one, and not a really good one.

Unfortunately, your video card is probably built into you mother board, so you will need to disable it and install a new video card.

Go with a voodoo banshee video card pci. This would be your best bet for the processor you have.

When you are installing a new card, set your display mode to 640x480 in 16 (not 16 bit) colors. Shut down then install the new card and drivers.

CollinJ
    Sometimes I wonder...

Thread Information