Question About AGP Card
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Question About AGP Card

Question About AGP Card

Whats the best AGP card out on the market noe for a reasonable price? My friend recommended a Canopus Spectra 2500, is that good?? Just in case information is needed i'm buying a new ABIT BX6 motherboard, a P2-400, and 128 MB PC100 ram. Which agp card would be the best for this system?

The spectra 2500 is an excellent choice, but it is the most money of all the riva tnt chipset video cards.

If you want fast performance and want to spend the least amount of money, consider a different AGP card based on the tnt chipset, such as the Creative Riva TnT or the Velocity 4400.

Just make sure you get a tnt card, it is the best AGP 2d/3d chipset currently available, and any of the cards based on it would be a good choice.
    Sometimes I wonder...

I agree that the TnT is a good card, but if that's a little out of your budget then a Voodoo Banshee isn't a bad option either.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Banshee is also a good card, but it is not an agp 2x compliant chipset. It does not utilize the full side band for 133mhz agp texturing. It is a poor choice for an agp card, but an excellent choice for a pci card. The TnT is the best AGP card out there right now, and prices are not very far apart.
    Sometimes I wonder...

Banshee is also a good card, but it is not an agp 2x compliant chipset. It does not utilize the full side band for 133mhz agp texturing. It is a poor choice for an agp card, but an excellent choice for a pci card. The TnT is the best AGP card out there right now, and prices are not very far apart.
    Sometimes I wonder...

I'm not sure about US pricing. Here in Australia the RRPs differ by AU$150 (US$90), and the retail prices by at least AU$100.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Prices in canada are only about 30-50 dollars different for retail boxed cards. The oem version of the tnt was the same amount as the retail version of the banshee by the same video card company at the same store. Im sure if you did some checking around, you will find some better deals
    Sometimes I wonder...

Thread Information