997 DF samsung
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 997 DF samsung

997 DF samsung

I have a 997 Df CRT monitor and a GForce 4 TI video card. My problem is I have a yellow football on my screen. It comes in from the right side and runs about 3/4 across the screen. It started real faint and has been getting darker as time goes by. I'm running W2K Pro SP4 and the latest drivers I can find from Samsung.

1. Do you have anything near the screen that could be causing interference, like speakers?

2. Have you degaussed your monitor? You likely have a button or a function on it that does that.

Degause has no effect. I thought it was magnetic but the only thing close to the monitor is the printer. It makes no difference turning the printer on or off. The closest speaker is at least 6 feet away. I've tried all the settings I can find and totally stumped. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the quick reply.

Have you got updated spyware and anti-virus software? Any chance you could post a screen shot of this?
    Main
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 512 cache
    Asus K8V
    Samsung 1gig (2) 512 ddr400 timings 200mhz 2.5-3-3-5
    Zalman CNPS7000A-ALCU
    Radeon 9800PRO
    Audigy2
    Logitech z640
    Pioneer 107d
    Toshiba dvd 16x40
    BARRACUDA SATA 120GB,300GB
    ENERMAX 450w PSU
    Windows w2k Pro

Looks like that monitor has a three year warranty to it, from what I read. Are you still under warranty?

Does it do this at all resolutions and refresh rates?

Are there any other electronic devices near it?

I have tried several refresh rates to no avail. I thought maybe the subwoofer was too close, but moving that did no good. If there is a box open on the screen, like the properties box, it doesn't fill in the correct color the size of the box to the right of it. It fills it in with yellow clear to the edge of the screen.

I remember it took almost 3 days to have the picture on my old TV back to normal, after Ive moved unshielded subwoofer too close and left it there for a while.

So you might wanna move monitor as far away from anything electrically powered as possible. That includes different types of power supplys, cordless phones, etc.

Then have it running there for 2,3 days to see if some sort of interference is to blame.

BTW if you live in the flat, I suggest you move the monitor to a different room for a while.
    It could be something one of your neigbours has and thats the easiest way to rule it out.

I think this may be my problem. After moving it and degaussing it doesn't seem to be as bad. I'll let it go a couple of days and see what happens. If it still does, I'll give Samsung CS a shot. I've only had it 6 months and it's still under warrenty. Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Thread Information