ASUS TNT and AGP 2x ???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: ASUS TNT and AGP 2x ???

ASUS TNT and AGP 2x ???

I have a Pentium II 266 MHz running on a SOYO jumperless motherborard (LX chipset). After installing the drivers for my new ASUS 3400 (16 MB)TNT tv/video, in the properties section I can see that it uses AGP 1x mode. How do I make it work using AGP 2x? I do not have problems with the card except stated above.
    Please help!

------------------
    The Law of Probable Dispersal:
    "whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed."

If you really mean there's not one jumper on your motherboard then i think you may be out of luck. The motherboads sychronize with the AGP card therefore it knows whether to use AGPx1 or x2. That, at the very least, is how my computer works. It's an AX6BC motherboard. You have to set the jumper to automatic detect the AGP clock. I know this doesn't help much but I'm betting there's got to be some jumper to switch. If all else fails you can always download software drivers for the card or a bios update to the motherboard. But if your motherboard is only AGPx1 there's no way you're getting that thing to read AGPx2.

I think the 2X is only supported by the version 1.0 or 2.0 of the slot? Or something like that.

I think the 2X is only supported by the version 1.0 or 2.0 of the slot? Or something like that.

Is it possible it says AGP 1.0 not 1x?

Agp port revision 1.0 supports agp 2x 133mhz mode. Your board may or may not be able to support it. Look in your bios for a possible setting, also look at your users manual.

If you are using Windows 95 retail version, you are out of luck, it wont recognize or utilize the agp bus. You need osr 2.1 or better for agp utilization. Im not sure about a winodows patch for this.

Sometimes I wonder...

More than likely your m/b supports 2x, and you are getting confused with 1x and AGP 1.0 type slot. 2x and AGP 2.0 slot is two different things AGP 2.0 will be able to support 4x. AGP 2.0 slot is not avalable yet and wont be for a couple months. You are probable running at 2x...

Thread Information