AGP card and PCI Bus Memory Conflicts
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: AGP card and PCI Bus Memory Conflicts

Hybrid View

AGP card and PCI Bus Memory Conflicts

First off, Thanx to Mole and Chanse for the replies on the last post. Mucho appreciated. I went ahead and bought the i740 3d card, and it installed without a hitch.

However, I was looking at the card properties in device manager (windows95) and noticed under the resource tab the there are memory conflicts under 2 range addresses where the video card conflicts with the "PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge". I have not notice any actual performance problems because of this conflict, but it bugs me to have it there. If I try to manually change the resource settings, my computer has problems booting up. Any ideas on cleaning up this conflict? Thanx in advance for any info.

Dude
    (CA Surfer stranded in Alabama)
    (Yes, it does bother me to be in AL!)

You will need to reinstall the pci bus in the device manager. Just remove the listing for the pci bus and reboot the computer. Make sure you have your windows disk handy, as it will require it to reinstall all the drivers for the pci bus and all the pci components. I had the same problem with my agp card, and this was the only way to get rid of the conflicts.
    Sometimes I wonder...

HI ALL,
    I'VE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE
    MATROX MILLENIUM II AGP
    I'VE ALREADY TRIED TO REMOVE THE SYSTEM PERIPHAL AND REINSTALL IT : NOTHING CHANGE!!!
    I'VE ALSO TRIED TO REMOVE THE GRAPHIC BOARD :
    NOTHING CHANGE AGAIN!!!
    ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?
    THANKS IN ADVICE
    ALEX

I too have the same conflicts, though I've found no performance hits, yet. Have the Mill G200 w/ FIC VA503+. Tried manually moving stuff around, but only made things worse. Now back to where I was, but why?

This conflict is NORMAL with agp cards and will not cause any problems on your systems. Don't try to reinstall your pci bus or change any other settings.

Thread Information