Buying video cards
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Buying video cards

Buying video cards

I plan to buy Abit BH6 & Celeron 300A but need help on choice of video card. I would like to settle for Asus V2740 AGP or Intel i740 AGP or recommendations, please.

thank you.
    arah

You didnt mention whether you planned on OC'ing that 300A or what your primary function for the machine would be. If it is business apps or 2d/Windows just about any card will do the trick. If you want serious 3d gaming power and graphics then I would go with a RIVA TNT based card. Canopus is extremely strong but the STB Velocity 4400 is also an exceptional card.

Thanks Skygazer ! I sure would try the RIVA TNT for my new PC. Do I need to adjust the VC jumpers if I were to overclock the C300A ?

thank you.
    arah

Since the only way to OC the Cel 300A is by adjusting the FSB speed (I wouldnt recommend going over the 100mhz setting)the only thing you will really need to be concerned with concerning you VC is that the AGP slot is set to 2/3 (66mhz) and the PCI bus is set at 1/3 (33mhz). This will keep your video card and your other peripherals happy. On the Abit BH6 this is all accomplished in the Soft Menu Bios. No jumpers needed. That is the beauty of the Abit board. Good luck and have fun with the new PC!

Thread Information