Creative TNT - help!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Creative TNT - help!

Creative TNT - help!

To whom it may concern,

I bought a Creative Lab RivaTNT graphic board and I installed in my system (PII 350) yesterday. It seem ok in 2D applications. But today, I try to play the game Tomb Raider II and I set the resolution to 1024x768 (16bit), just play a few minutes, and the screen freezed!
    Then I try another game (Forsaken), There is not problem to play in 640x480. but problem happened when I set it to higher
    resolution.
    Moreover, When later in today, I found out that when I use some Plus! 98 , 3D screensaver, I might have slow down or
    freezed too.
    I am wondering what is the problem of the card, or some setting i mess up, or else? Since I am really a beginner for using
    TNT graphic board, can anyone help me to solve the problem?

My system is PII 350, 128mb Ram, PCI128, Graphic Blaster TNT (BIOS version: 2.04.5G), WIN98.

If you need more information, I will be more than happy to provide you! Thank you

I too recently got a creative labs riva tnt card. The card is overclocked by default in the driver control panel. Make sure to get the latest drivers from www.soundblaster.com and install them

Right click on desktop and goto properties.
    Goto the BlasterControl tab and click on it. At the top you will see a small icon with a video card and a hammer and a screw driver. Click this icon and then click the advanced settings tab at the bottom.

Now just slide the mhz slider down to about 100 or so. Experiment with differnt settings and use the one that works the best.

Also make sure you have sufficient cooling in your case. If you only have a power supply fan and a cpu fan, get another cooling fan for the front of the case and consider a fan for the video card too. It does come with a heatsink, but mounting a fan to it would help tremendously.

I hope this helps you.

Collin J
    Sometimes I wonder...

Thread Information